• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First effort Powder Measure...kinda different.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevePrice2

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Being a lifelong scrounger I guess seeing something or rather anything lying around I'll ask myself 'What can I use this for?'

So at work there's a restaurant next to my office where they grill ribs and such and I happen upon an old bone in near the dumpster. 3-4 months go by and I end up here and more into MLing and making kit.

Once was a rib bone now it's a powder measure.
Drilled it, carved it, stained it, carved a soapstone bead and cut a lanyard from my scrounged couchhide and Voila! it holds 65grs of 2 FFg. Now I'll go to carving out some muley or elk antler measures for 80 and 100 gr loads. Too much fun.

Steve
knifeandmeasure012.jpg
knifeandmeasure011.jpg
knifeandmeasure008.jpg
knifeandmeasure007.jpg
knifeandmeasure014.jpg

Steve

Guess a pic of the bottom would have shown that. :redface:

No plug. I only drilled out as much marrow and bone material as needed to get 65gr depth and left the rest. The rib bone had been grilled and sun dried for months before I even picked it up out of the parking lot. So it was pretty much cured. I sealed the bottom with a spot of glue as it was air and probably water permeable but not powder. Tools were drill, Dremel, brain, olde english stain, shoe polish, glue.

Back