• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First flintlock squirrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Warm weather and trees still full of leaves hasn't had me wanting to get into the woods, but this morn was nice and cool a little breezy but I figured may as well give it a try so I loaded up my pedersoli frontier .36 cal. with 20 grns of 3f and found me a good spot to take a seat and just take it all in, with a slight breeze moving all the leaves it was hard to spot anything then I saw a huge fox squirrel coming my way, he stopped about 25 yrds out and spotted me, he was pointed straight at me and barked a few times at me and I eased my rifle up and got him in my sights, set the trigger, squeezed off the shot and down he came, I was kinda shocked, don't know why, been punching paper really good, but what a feeling, i figured from the angle he would be a mess, with him looking at me the ball actually went in his mouth, clipped his spine, cut about six ribs and lodged about half way down his side just under the skin, never touched any good meat and i recovered the ball, what fun !
photo21_zpsfdc3a04a.jpg
photo22_zpsc74a94dd.jpg

:hatsoff:
Nice shooting!
Give me a squirrel hunt every day - I'll pass on anything else.

Silex

That is perfect start to , what I consider, the most funest bestest hunt.Sure a deer has a lot more meat, but I rather get 50 squirrels than 1 deer .
Great shooting and keep the ball. Years from now you will look at it and be remained of what started it all :thumbsup:

I love hunting the tasty Tree Rats!! Great Job!

I shot one a couple of years ago in the Noggin with my little .32 and found the ball under the skin at the base of the neck. I put it on the stump while I finished cleaning the rest of my harvest and in my haste left it! Boy I wish I still had it! It looked just like that!!

Way to Go!! :thumbsup:

Back