• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First Flintlock Suggestion

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, but that URL is bogus. Are you sure there's a space in the middle?

Edit: Never mind. Even with the space removed it comes back as a nonexistent page.

It'll work if you don't put the space in and you don't use the capital letters. It's about in-lines though, so it probably isn't worth the effort.

Zonie said:
Anyway, I wouldn't be overly concerned about Traditions guns blowing up as long as I was using real black powder and I was using the kind of powder loads we tell folks to use on this forum.

I wouldn't either. The CVA that I saw let go was one of those one in a million chance things that happen. I have seen hundreds of them do fine. I have a CVA Mountain Rifle with the same breech system as the Pennsylvainia that has given thirty years of heavy use.

Well Kelhammer, I would have to agree with you, however the man said he wanted something reasonably price for the meantime and he wants to build his own. I would have to vote with Karwelis on that one because we have both built our GPR's from kit and its great practice and an easy build on what I think is the best gun for the money in production guns out there. I have a beautiful custon made .45 rifle costing hundreds of dollars but I will never give up my .54 GPR and I have the GPH barrel to go with it. If you add the GPR57 peep sight by Lyman you're looking at about $650.00 but the rifle kit is around $400.00 somewhere. Pretty good buy! :thumbsup:

Back