• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First ML Buck

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oscarb

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Took my first buck with a ML last week, priceless! A single .50 320gr REAL in front of 60gr Swiss FFFg from my Lyman GPH was all it took to bring down a mature Impala ewe after a death dash of 60yards. Shooting distance 75yards, right on the shoulder, slightly high, just missed the heart but took out arteries & lots of lung. Minimal meat damage, as we say you can eat right up to the hole.
Sorry no pictures. I have the hunt indellibly captured in my minds eye forever.

Congatulations and WAIDMANNS HEIL from Germany!
I think you will never forget it.
Greetings Det

Congrats!!! That is the best shot, I've never eaten a lung......., but the heart is tender!!!! ENJOY!!!

oscarb said:
A single .50 320gr REAL in front of 60gr Swiss FFFg from my Lyman GPH was all it took to bring down a mature Impala ewe after a death dash of 60yards. Shooting distance 75yards, right on the shoulder, slightly high, just missed the heart but took out arteries & lots of lung./quote]
oscarb,
Another example showing it don't take 150grns
of powder to make a humane kill.Thanks for
bringing that out and congratulations.
snake-eyes:applause::hatsoff:

Congrats Oscar :bow: I keep a journal on all my hunting trips & then I can look back at it as the years pass. This helps me to recall all the details about the trip. I record all the info I can recall, ie; wind direction, speed, Temp., Time of day & direction of game movement.It has made me better hunter over the years, because I have found that under the same conditions year after year animals tend to follow the same patterns . But I do like to take photo's also, on which I record the info on the back of each pic , But in my younger days I did not always have a camera along :( Now I always take along a Video or still camera on all my trips afield because the old memory just ain't what it used to be :shocked2: Good Luck & Good Shootin'

Congrats and Waidmanns Heil from Germany!

A new hooked memeber I guess!

:thumbsup:

Regards

Kirrmeister

Back