• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First Muzzeloading Buck

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You made a great shot with a very fine-lookin' rifle (could pass as an original IMHO!) and took a nice buck...WAY TO GO :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looks Good Kenton! Congrats to a very successful deer season! And meat in the freezer!

Ranger

Ps...I do all kinds of modern shooting and hunting on my property, especially long distance as in 500+ yards being its flat as a pancake....if your interested drop me a PM sometime...we are not that far apart....about a hour or so

Congrats on the buck.
Tell us more about your rifle.
Is it a TOTW Bridger?
What barrel make is on it? Tapered or straight barrel?

I honestly don't know alot about it..I purchased it about 2 years ago or so and was told it was a Jim Bridger Hawkens kit. HOWEVER the barrel had the newer style T/C rear sights on it when I got it. I replaced those with Buckhorn and filed the front sights accordingly. The rifles' barrel is a streight and has NO markings to state what it is ( was told it's a Green Mountain)..anywhere. It has a patch box on it that I've never seen before..just an oval with a spring assist. The patch box was made to look old..or IS old, I can't tell. All the metal is browned on the rifle except the nose cap which is either pewter or German silver, same with the wedge plates. The opposite side of the patch box it has a German silver oval inlay.. The stock is not fancy and is all nice and dinged up. Under the barrel there is some filler where the barrel seats to the stock.. and epoxy of sorts? It might not be a JB Hawken, I have no way of telling. The fella I got it from showed me pictures of the same rifle from TOTW.. they were exact. Any tell tale signs I should look for?

It does look a lot like a Track of the Wolf Bridger Hawken done in walnut. Nice gun. Dont know any other way to tell except by comparing pictures on TOTW web site.. Have fun with it. Very nice shot on the buck.
90-100 yards offhand isnt easy.

Back