• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

first prb deer+nice buck (PICS)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
let's not talk about the kids family, we don't know them and that is a form of slander. we are above that on this forum.

medic302 said:
let's not talk about the kids family, we don't know them and that is a form of slander. we are above that on this forum.

How about you respond to someone who did that. Agreeing is not saying. You'd hardly have a case in court.

Ya sure about that? Seems like lynch mob mentality takes over on this forum real quick when someone does something different than a couple other people. Funny how its perfectly ok to leg hold trap a coyote or coon, and then bash them in the freakin head with a club, cuz after all they are just varmits, or dround a beaver for his pelt, but the "Noble deer" is held to such a higher degree in the grand schyme of things. As I said before, maybe some people do it different than you do, but in the end it all adds up to a dead animal.

Capper said:
medic302 said:

How about you respond to someone who did that. Agreeing is not saying. You'd hardly have a case in court.
did i say capper? no, it was general comment to all of us to maybe back off a little. we've all been 16 before and had a little of buck fever or whatever you want to call it. the kid made a poor shooting decsion and we all called him on it. i'm done with this thread. :barf:

Micanopy said:
Ya sure about that? Seems like lynch mob mentality takes over on this forum real quick when someone does something different than a couple other people. Funny how its perfectly ok to leg hold trap a coyote or coon, and then bash them in the freakin head with a club, cuz after all they are just varmits, or dround a beaver for his pelt, but the "Noble deer" is held to such a higher degree in the grand schyme of things. As I said before, maybe some people do it different than you do, but in the end it all adds up to a dead animal.

Those things aren't ok with me. Neither is bashing seals, tree stands, bait and a long list of things I won't mention.

I'm too old and set in my ways to change or apologize. I think hunting should be hunting. Tracking and stalking. Taking a shot when you know it's a good shot. Not a hail mary. If you want to be a sniper. Join the army.

I'm just not the type who lives and lets others do the same. If I see what I believe to be wrong. You'll probably hear about it, and you're free to do the same to me.

My pops taught me right from wrong and I live by it.

medic302 said:
Capper said:
medic302 said:

did i say capper? no, it was general comment to all of us to maybe back off a little. we've all been 16 before and had a little of buck fever or whatever you want to call it. the kid made a poor shooting decsion and we all called him on it. i'm done with this thread. :barf:

When you respond to me and don't say it's to the whole thread in general. I'm going to think you're talking to me. That's how forums work.

I'm guessing you're talking about not hunting using stands in your kind of country. A stand isn't completely necessary for my type of timber but a lot spots would be very unproductive without a stand because you would only be able to see for about 20 yards. Sometimes it's nice to be able to see the deer come into range instead of just small 3 second blips of deer. Then stalking is only productive or courteous if you are the only one around and have a large expanse of land to hunt. Having 100 acres of timber to hunt with 3 other people to share it with wouldn't work so good.

So since other people hunt differently than you do we are all wrong? Get a grip, your kind of hunting aint the only way to hunt, nor is mine, nor is this boys. There are many forms of hunting, just because you dont like it does not make it wrong. It all results in the same thing, dead protien, not a nobel magestic beast, but dead protien. Doesnt matter if its a squirrel or an elk. Years and years ago the plains people ran entire herds of buffalo off of cliffs to kill as many as they could to gather meat, was that wrong? No it wasnt, they were hunting for meat, buffalo are meat, same as a deer.

I was brought up hunting in Mass, Calif., and Colorado.

I think i've seen it all. Wouldn't think of using a stand. It's not hunting to me. It's sniping.

Not a popular opinion, but that never stopped me from giving it. I hardly expect it to change anybody's way of hunting. I'm just letting you see the bias side of me. :rotf:

Well I didn't see a midwestern state mentioned so I don't believe you've seen it all. I'm not talking about sniping I'm talking about my tree stands that have a good view of probably 100 yards MAX if that. Anyway, we're talking open sighted smoke poles. There are very few of us that can truly "snipe" with that kind of weapon. I know I can't. I won't shoot past 60 yards.

Micanopy said:
So since other people hunt differently than you do we are all wrong? Get a grip, your kind of hunting aint the only way to hunt, nor is mine, nor is this boys. There are many forms of hunting, just because you dont like it does not make it wrong. It all results in the same thing, dead protien, not a nobel magestic beast, but dead protien. Doesnt matter if its a squirrel or an elk. Years and years ago the plains people ran entire herds of buffalo off of cliffs to kill as many as they could to gather meat, was that wrong? No it wasnt, they were hunting for meat, buffalo are meat, same as a deer.

Wrong in your eyes? Nope. Wrong in my eyes. Yep!

That's what makes the world go around.

You can hunt anyway you want. I wouldn't try to stop you. It's a free country. So, I freely give you my opinion, and you can do the same.

If you're going to get upset over it. That's on you. Not me. I'm not the least bit upset.

I do know my friends feel the same way I do. So, i'm not alone.

luie b said:
Well I didn't see a midwestern state mentioned so I don't believe you've seen it all. I'm not talking about sniping I'm talking about my tree stands that have a good view of probably 100 yards MAX if that. Anyway, we're talking open sighted smoke poles. There are very few of us that can truly "snipe" with that kind of weapon. I know I can't. I won't shoot past 60 yards.

I don't understand what the midwest would have that's different. Maybe you could explain? Have you hunted in my states to know that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back