• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First shots!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsilver

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Well fellows,finally got to shoot the sparker sat. went very well, little trouble lining the flint up.Only 2 or 3 nofires due to adjusting flint.Warningnot ml correct. Also brought the Garand out for a little outing :grin:. Let my buds fire a few rounds -Great shooting old gun-Was also very happy with the Traditions performance-got to get it dialed in though I believe I'm going to like this stuff-thinking about a pistol :hmm: now will it never end?-thanks to all for remarks--Butch :hatsoff:

"Will it ever end?"
You'll know when it does end.......You will have a "For Sale" sign on that Garand... :winking:

Halftail,no can't get rid of it,my dad's gun.He's an old marine-Iwo Jima vet-93 yrs old now-But I think I am hooked on blackpowder power :grin: and this forum-have to check it everyday :shocked2: A very well structured site-thanks Claude :thumbsup:

Halftail said:
"Will it ever end?"
You'll know when it does end.......You will have a "For Sale" sign on that Garand... :winking:

Sell a WWII marine's rifle....He'd have to go into hiding....:) Some traditions you really, just don't mess with.

Keep the Garand......they are a grand rifle and have the best sighting system ever devised by man for a battle rifle.....or most other rifles for that matter!! That and it's irreplaceable as it was your Father's.

Will it never end? Well....yea, when you die. Welcome to the fraternity.

Please offer to your Father my fondest regards and wishes and mine and my family's most sincere thanks.

Vic

Thanks guys-WW11 vets are getting rarer as the years go by-His time with the Marines are what he is really proud of,he went in when he was thirty with 3 kids,didn't have to -- they say once a Marine always a Marine.I have no military experience I guess my loss-Butch

butchesforge said:
Thanks guys-WW11 vets are getting rarer as the years go by
Butch,
Sad but true.. All one need do is walk into a VFW and look around. Your dad is a rare breed and has every right to be proud to be a
Marine and of his service to country. God bless
him.
snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Latest posts

Back