• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First Smoked Meat

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wirehairman

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I just wanted to send a thanks out to all those on the forums that have helped me get myself and my .50 GPR tuned in over the last year. Yesterday, it finally all came together and I harvested my first game with a muzzle loader.

I shot the doe at approximately 35 yards at the head of a draw my beatiful wife (who can't sit still for 30 seconds) pushed to me. Later in the day, I managed to harvest the buck at 70 yards while sitting on the edge of a brushy creek and a hay field. I probably should have let the little fellar grow up but was pretty excited and had to make a quick decision with dusk settling in.

I shot both using my .50 GPR loaded with 70 grains of Swiss 3Fg and a .490 PRB.

WD07-1.jpg

WB07-2.jpg

you said little fella for your buck wagh hes huge. Nice job sir. good to see it done with a front stuffer.

Hello from Germany!

Congrats and Waidmanns Heil! Hope to get a roe doe this week, too with my ML.

Kirrmeister

That's beautiful wirehairman, You and that GPR did good. I've been thinking of getting GPR in flint. I shoot lefty and they make one for the lefthander. Nice pics.

Got out this Saturday and managed to fill my two mule deer doe tags. Unfortunately, I forgot the camera, so no pictures this time. It was a beautiful day other than having to pass numerous shots on some nice bucks that are all rutted up and thinking with the wrong organ, including a standing 40 yard broadside shot at a decent 4x4 that was easily 26" wide.

Anyway, thanks again to everyone on the forum that has helped me over the last year to get everything dialed in. :bow: I have 4 deer in the freezer by my GPR that I don't think would be there without access to the knowledge and information on this forum.

anyone want to shoot a tame deer in a pen like the so called hunters on tv?? :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

rubincam said:
anyone want to shoot a tame deer in a pen like the so called hunters on tv?? :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

:confused: Did I miss something? Before I blow my top and start some useless internet flame war, would you please expound/explain your comment and whether or not it is directed at me?

All my hunting is free range on wild deer. I cannot help the fact that MT has healthy populations of both whitetails and mule deer.

Hello from Germany!

Congrats and Waidmanns Heil!

You are right! This forum is the most useful for ML hunters I've ever beein in!

Regards

Kirrmeister

wirehairman said:
rubincam said:

:confused: Did I miss something? Before I blow my top and start some useless internet flame war, would you please expound/explain your comment and whether or not it is directed at me?

All my hunting is free range on wild deer. I cannot help the fact that MT has healthy populations of both whitetails and mule deer.

Hi wirehairman!

I won't worry about these form of envy. You show us that you took the deers all outside in the wilderness and not in a choral. When the whitetail population is big, more hunters have an easy chance to get one or even more deers.

For me you are a real hunter. Be proud!

Regards!

Kirrmeister

NO,NO,NO,,,,I just put in a comment about the TV hunts,,,just followed you down the list,,, :thumbsup: BE HAPPY :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back