• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First time out

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelerfan

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Well, I finally got out to sight in my CVA Hawken, even though the rifle is at least 20 years old & the barrel was a little on the rough side I shot about a dozen patch & ball loads. The first few were a little high & to the left but after several sight adjustments I worked it over to the bullseye I put my last 3 in the middle, 2 in the same hole.
All I can say is, I'm hooked, I loved it, now I know what the big attraction is to muzzleloaders even though they're more work than my modern rifles.
Thanks to all here who helped me along the way answering questions & helping me solve some problems. :grin:

Cool man! Soon you'll be trying to explain "it" to others.

Welcome brother!

Sister Cynthia Lee is our cheerleader by the way.

Addiction is right, these firearms addictions I have will drive me to the poor house, but at least I'll have fun there :)

Back