• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First Timer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smithen

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello everyone, so im still getting started with everything. still falling for these types of guns more and more. I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could get a cheap smoothbore flintlock. Personally I like to try to put together kits and such but im not haveing any luck finding a kit. My price range is very low sadly, only about $200-$300. I wish i could afford more at this time but im really just looking for something to get my foot in the door. I was wondering if any of you knew where I could start looking for a gun like this, or the name of a gun that I can find like this, or if any of you knew any kits somewhat like this. Thanks for any answers at all.

Tyler

I doubt you'll find much in the price range that you stated but you might try keeping your eye out at online gun auction sites, estate sales, garage sales, etc. I know that it is tough to wait when you have the urge for a new smoothie but I'd tell you to keep on saving those pennies to get you closer to the gun that you really want. You may find a used India-made smoothbore for under 300 bucks or you may get really lucky but obviously, the longer that you can continue to wait and save, the better off that you will be.

With your price range I advise you to wait and watch for a used one. New guns in that price range ( If you could find one ) are not what you would want to start with. The sad fact is most of us in this game are getting old and therefore a lot of good used guns come up for grabs. Go to gun shows and rendezvous and check out the trade blankets.

pilgirm
go to gunbroker.com and auctionarms.com and go to the blackpowder section if u watch long enough u will find something in ur price range. several weeks ago there was an old smoothboar flinter that went for under 300 on auction arms. it was belgium made they used to make them out old orignal for the african trade
paw

paw

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's hard to wait once bitten by the bug but, like others have said, keep checking out the classifieds, etc., and you will eventually find something. Who knows? Someone reading this just may have what you are looking for. Good luck.

Mike

I noticed an add on another board for a new Jackie Brown smoothie. I have one of his rifles that I have $600 in and after a full face lift, I have a $1200 gun. I suggest you start with a gun like this, if not, you will never be satisfied.It is on the frontierfolks.net site, scroll down to Trade Goods and it is listed there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning
+1 on checking the adds... but also check the other sites out there.
Plus you could get you a standard inexpensive flinter and bore / ream the barrel to smoothy. That would keep you in that "tough" budget.

There was a smoothbore kit for sale near your price range on the ALR site a few days ago
Mark :idunno:

Back