• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First Turkey with Fowler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations on the trophy Turkey.
They are all trophies when taken with a flintlock.
The big bird success stories are starting to roll in.

PJC

Did you build the gun yourself? Anything special done to the barrel? Choked? I see you have the lock on the correct side of the gun! Hoping to build one just like it in the near future! Congratulations!

Staggerwing, the fowler is from a Jim Chambers kit (Pennyslvania Fowler) and was built by Ed Wenger at Virginia Flintlocks. Here are a few pictures that Ed sent me while he was building it. The barrel was jug choked by Danny Caywood. I live about 30 miles from Berryville Arkansas and I made arrangements with Danny to bring the Fowler over and have him do it while I watched. I was very impressed with his workmanship.
IMG_0303-Copy.jpg

IMG_0296-Copy.jpg
IMG_0294-Copy.jpg
IMG_0292-Copy.jpg
IMG_0288-Copy.jpg
IMG_0281-Copy.jpg

Latest posts

Back