• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flint Buck

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradCayton

40 Cal
Reaction score
Work has really put a damper on my hunting this fall. I'm fortunate to have a few acres here at my house and took this deer Sat. morning before work.
I usually don't shoot this far but the setup was just about perfect. The deer was standing broadside, wide open and I had a good rest.

75 grains of 3f, .535 RB, .18 patch and Stumpy's moose snot lube. 103 yards.

I was holding a little high allowing for the drop but pretty much hit right where I was holding. The ball took out the bottom of his spine along with the top of both lungs and he was DRT.

I was surprised that he went down so quickly and was pressed for time when I field dressed him. I'm going to skin him out today and see just where the ball went and how it worked out so well.

Fantastic and a good buck for sure, congratulations !
:hatsoff:

( and what's all that white stuff ? :) )

Thanks fellers.

I just got him skinned out, quartered and hanging in my cooler( and old fridge in the basement) :wink:

I saw no exit hole and was thinking I'd find the ball but didn't. I pretty much dissected him after quartering him up. The ball shattered his spine, and by the looks of the lungs when I field dressed him, must have came down into the lungs. I was in a hurry to get to work and the ball must have come out with the rest.

I'm tagged out until our 6 day muzzle loader season in a couple weeks but I'm scheduled to work so I'm pretty well done for this year. It's been a good season even with my crazy work schedule.

Thanks again for the kind words

NO FAIR!! I see ya had him hobbled at the back legs!!

That could explain why he stood so still for me :grin:

It did make my day at work go much better!

Back