• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintlock Buck

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thing

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Got a nice 6 pointer this afternoon. Hatfield 50 cal flintlock. 80 grains of 3f. approximately 55 yards. Cant figure out how to post pictures any help would be appreciated.

buck and ball said:
Got a nice 6 pointer this afternoon. Hatfield 50 cal flintlock. 80 grains of 3f. approximately 55 yards.
Congratulations on a good hunt !
:hatsoff:
Cant figure out how to post pictures any help would be appreciated.
You have to upload them to a hosting site first...someplace like "Photobucket" for example.

Then once there, you see 4 strings of URL sort of information under the photo.
"copy" the string of information that has these on each end of it:

Then just "paste" that line of info into a post here...

:thumbsup: Congrads from one hatfield owner to another.Well done. :applause: Griz

Great job. ANY deer or game with a flinter is a trophy. Please, try pics. Thanks.

sorry , maybe Im just ignorant . I just cant get the hank of pictures. Its a JPEG in my picture file,copy past does not work??

You have to FIRST upload your photo (yes, its a .jpg, or .jpeg file) to a picture posting host site like "Photobucket".

Go to www.photobucket.com and you can open a free account there...follow the steps to upload your photo into your account.

THEN...you "copy" the
string of info;

THEN you paste that string here in a post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once you get your photobucket account set up, and upload an image (or two!) to their site you will see the pictures like this below, when you place your mouse pointer over the the picture (the blue truck in my example) a drop down menu will give you the four options of linking to the picture you want the "IMG code" (highlighted in blue) right click on that code, and then copy.
Image1.jpg

Then paste that link in your post here, and your picture will show up.

May I suggest you you shrink your picture to about 700 X 525so as not to fill the screen or more, also makes it nicer for folks on dial up.

I have tried this several times. All it does is print the Img code no picture. But with this said I have issues with this photobucket it is downloading pictures to my pc I do not want. Do you know were this is locted in pc so I can delete it out of my system. Its causing me undo problems.
Thanks
Rich

I haven't seen you make a post with the code in it. After you pasted in you post. Did you preview it to see the picture? You won't see the picture otherwise.

Post it in a post so we can see what your pasting in the post. We can correct it if you're doing something wrong, but we need the link.

Sorry about this mix up but at forst I did not understand what was occuring . The picture is avaiable when actually posted. I sent 2 pictures. They are from the Buck I got saturday. Thanks again for all your help. How do I get rid of all these other pictures coming in.

Looks like you ALMOST have the picture thing figgered out. :wink:
When you choose the code you used in the 2 pics of your buck, you do not need to use the image icon here on the forum. Just paste the code in your text when you type your post. Then you won't get the annoying before and after the picture.
I fixed these and merged them to this topic to keep everything neat and easy to find. :thumbsup:
As to the pictures you want to get rid of, I have never had photobucket download ANY pictures to my computer. Don't know what happened there. :confused:

Ok thanks for all your help. See what the rest of the season brings. I know that 10 pointer is roaming the same woods. I just have to get a little lucky.

Thanks again

Back