• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler fowler - Has anyone shot round ball?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if a rear sight might be added? I think I couldn't want one without some sort of rear sight. I haven't look close at the kit, not enough to know if it is even viable.
That is one thing neat about a smoothbore. No rear sight to have to line up with the front especially with 69-year-old eyes. Just point the gun and put the front sight on the intended target. Your consistently placed cheek weld and eye is the rear sight.

I have seen someone here make a fowler rear sight out of one of those super (Neodymium) magnet that clamped over the top flat and down the angled flat a bit. It was neat and hard to knock off kilter.

Bob

I tested mine out yesterday. This was my target from 50 yards. All the tiny holes from shot was at about 25 yards.

Attachments

• IMG_9069.jpeg
    IMG_9069.jpeg
    1.8 MB
You sound confident in bending the barrel. Have you done that before? I'd be freaked out by that. Can you look down the barrel and see the bend? And how do you know how much to bend it? It seems to me it would no longer fit the barrel channel. My ignorance is because I've never owned or fired a fowler.

Back