• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintlock Doe

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbhower

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Finally got one with the flint lock. I've gotten a bunch with my GPR, but this is the first year I got something with my Lyman trade rifle. Was about a 40 yard shot. I use conical bullets and like most times they drop in place. I hit her a smidge further back than I would like but managed to just hit the back sections of both lungs. I always go for the lungs but this one was a little close.

Probably 2-1/2 years old. Overall not bad for a mountain deer. It's a tough mountain side with basically no food source or direct water source. Glad I got a smaller one too becuase the drag out of this area is almost 2 miles.

I got a buck with my GPR in the same spot in 2010. That was a beast to drag out. Probably the biggest deer I ever shot. Pics to follow

I quick washed her off with some of my spare water and extra blood rag so I could get nicer pics this year.

2012-10-18_14-48-40_600.jpg

2010 buck on home made plaque. First try at boiling a skull.

2012-09-29_16-00-15_865.jpg

As far as I'm concerned, taking game with a Flintlock is the real deal...congratulations !
:hatsoff:

That there will be some good eating! I still have till Nov. 12th for opening day. Hopefully I'll have some pics to show for it.

Back