• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintlock pistol holster

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capnball

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Couldn't find a nice holster for a flintlock so I made one!
KIMG2228.JPG
KIMG2232.JPG
KIMG2231.JPG
KIMG2230.JPG

Wow. Really nice!
Thanks. I had my knees done a couple years ago so I was stuck in the house for a couple months. I bought a cheap leather tool set and a small piece of leather with the idea that I'd make most of my accoutrements.
image.jpg
KIMG0639.JPG
KIMG0687.JPG
KIMG0688.JPG
KIMG0689.JPG
KIMG0654.JPG

Some other stuff I've made since then. The knife, handle and sheath was a gift from my mountain men cousins for my 60th birthday.

Wow, thank you for sharing your talent with us. I'm not a Renassaince Fair fan but having dragon eyes must be special. Fantastic job.
I'm no renaissance expert either but my son and his wife host dungeons and dragons game nights for their friends so this is a natural extension of that. I think they went to one fair just as spectators and had such a good time they decided to get more into it. This was a box I made for them for Christmas a couple years ago for their game pieces.
KIMG0567.JPG
KIMG0559.JPG
image.jpg

KIMG0570.JPG

You definitely have talent! Beautiful work, your son is very lucky!
I have two sons, my other guy is a geologist but he plays drums on the weekends with a cover band. I recently made him a snare drum case for a handmade snare drum we had built for him to his specs when he graduated highschool. To date, it's the biggest single project I've made.
134945.jpeg
KIMG1929.JPG
KIMG1930.JPG
137256.jpeg
KIMG1886.JPG

That's not a poorly drawn lizard. It's actually an axolotl, a pretty rare amphibian that has not gills and lungs and lives mostly in water. My son has one as a pet. He's had it for four years.

Very nice workmanship, the holster kinda' of looks like a modified slim Jim.
That's just the form it naturally took.
In my research I did find a couple original examples of flintlock holsters but they were actually referred to as pistol buckets. Sort of a cup shaped out of leather and lined with something soft. These are what I found on line.
download (23).jpeg
download (22).jpeg

images (64).jpeg

Latest posts

Back