• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintlock shotgun, who makes one still and where?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, any smoothbore is a shotgun. A fowler, Tradegun, Musket, whatever, it can fire shot loads and be used as a shotgun. The Pedersoli Bess carbine has a 30 1/2' barrel, handles well, and is an 11 ga. Should work for what you need.

I didn't see any larger bores though, or did I miss them? It's been a long week, a very long week, maybe I'm just not on the ball.

I took my first turkey this spring with my Navy Arms double barrel .12 ga.. It is a caplock, with 28" cylinder bore barrels. You don't really need a tight choke, just learn to limit your range. :front: And the guns listed above from Early Rustic Arms are offered in .75 cal.

Sorry, I'm truly a MORON, they are all listed in .75s. My mistake. I need some friggin' sleep.

Thanks for the links!
-Ron

I guess what you really want is this gun here. 12g flint, thick butt pad, removable turkey choke, painted laminate half-stock. But it isn't for sale. The gentleman who owned it before me took a bunch of toms with it.
MantonFLShotgunFullright.JPG

That's a sharp gun, me likey. I also like that german job on the rustic link you showed me. Wonder how a 21 incher would throw a pattern.

-Ron

That's a sharp gun, me likey. I also like that german job on the rustic link you showed me. Wonder how a 21 incher would throw a pattern.

-Ron

Nevermind, it's rifled. I REALLY need to sleep but now I have these things to look at and I can't drag my dead arse away from my laptop.

Maybe you should consider something like this. 4 bore 60" barrel weighs 38lbs. If you think it's too long you could get out a hack saw and cut it down to an 18" barrel. Kind of a turkey cannon sort of thing.
wall_gun_1.jpg

rSobkowz did you call the guy at tenneesse valley yet his prices are great I'm going to order a kit from him in 20ga. its his poor boy fowlwer shipped to you for 410.99 and thats cheap by anyone standard I have built 2 of his kits and they are fairally simple but you should read as many gun building books as you can they are really not that hard, then if you make one your self you can say hey this ones a custom build gun.at less than the cost of a cutom builder price. bb75

bb, no, I haven't called anyone yet. Still kind of window shopping. Do you have any pics of the kits you built? Do you know if he has a site online or not also? I was just out sloshing around in the rain and saw a buttload of turkeys that would like to meet a new shotgun. Well, I didn't actually ask them, but I think I heard one say something along the lines of "you don't see many flintlock shotguns anymore do you Tommy?" LOL.

-Ron

I build piles of flint lock shotguns. they are more comonly called fowlers. here's the last one I did . 40" Getz barrel 20 ga. and .35 jug choke. Throws 1 1/4 OZ of shot all in an 18" circle at 20 yards.
rausch_fowler5.jpg
[/img]
rausch_fowler3.jpg
[/img]
rausch_fowler6.jpg
[/img]
rausch_fowler7.jpg
[/img]

could you give us some information on the gun?do you use it?what kind of load?
It's a British wall gun. benn Coogle made the barrel, and the lock and all the other parts are from TRS. I never shot it, I built it for a Rev war reenactor out east. I doubt it will see anything other than blanks.

Sharp looking gun, though I doubt anything I slap together is going to resemble that, LOL.

-Ron

25 years ago the ones I slapped together didn't look like that either. :winking:

Moral of the story: we all start somewhere? LOL.

Back to polishing my first wingbone call...

I'm working on how to post a few pictures, the latest one got me , me wood chisel slipped out of me hand and caught the other hand right to the bone and slightly into it and dummy me did not go to the hospital right away the day after it happend the wound got real bother some and infected and that put me up in the hospital for a bit, guess to say it has been blooded ( the rifle) and it even has resently at a local club won first plase at a 100 yard offhand ribbon, although it don't look as awsome as mikes (droole) wow smoothie it was built as a workingf gun somthing I believe a common hunter or farmer would own, got to get it on the site with the others. bb75

Latest posts

Back