• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

focus .... just wondering

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In spite of my love for MLs I still do hunt with modern guns. I mainly hunt birds (quail, doves, ducks, turkeys, etc.)and mainly use a double barrel cartridge shotgun. I hunted squirrel this year with my .32 Tenn rifle, but still love my various .22s. I don't hunt deer any more, but if I did it would be with one of my larger bore MLs. I traded my old .308 off for a custom damascus knife a couple years back....

Jezabel is used only for deer hunting. i use a 12 guauge remington for grouse hunting but I use no centerfire guns for deer

I have a few center-fire guns but I am just getting into BP and plan on making my first hunt with a BP. If all goes well then that is all that I will use for hunting in the future.

bp for most things. modern for home defense. Muskeet man just love those 22 hornets to. I've hunted since I was big enough to care a rifle and shot about everything out there. About 40 years ago it hit me what fun is it to be able to kill anything you can see within 400 to 500 yards. Now it's bp prb and as some of the others here have said open sites under 100 yards and it's meat on the table. Most of my shots are over 25 yards because if I can get closer I won't shoot and just enjoy the game. It's a great game to be in blackpowder shooting. Just match the cal. weapon to the size of the game or target and come on join in the fun.
Fox :thumbsup:

I know bp == black powder and rb == round ball ..... I'm guessin' prb == patched round ball ????

NO. PBR refers to Pre Rollingb. Before Rollingb got here, this was a nice friendly forum but after he came here it became the wild, wooly place you are a part of. :: :: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Jus funnin! ::

Yes, PRB stands for Patched Round Ball. :)

NO. PBR refers to Pre Rollingb. Before Rollingb got here, this was a nice friendly forum but after he came here it became the wild, wooly place you are a part of. :: :: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Jus funnin! ::

Yes, PRB stands for Patched Round Ball. :)
PBR is Pabst Blue Ribbon!

Well, I find that a few PBR's make the cleaning a bit more fun after you shoot all those PRB's.

Sorry, I'm feeling a bit whacky this morning.

Hey!!.... How'd I git drug inta this topic???? :youcrazy: :: :shocking: :p :blah: :haha:

YMHS
rollingb

"Life is to short to drink cheap beer."

I like Bass Ale meself. :winking:

"PBR is Pabst Blue Ribbon! "

That, my friend is a classic example of a Freudian Slip!

Comes from drinking too many of those Lone Star Longnecks when I was young. :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

"Life is to short to drink cheap beer."

I like Bass Ale meself.

But not too short for free beer!

I'm a guinness guy myself, but if it's cold and it's free, I'm not one to complain.

I suggest using Pabst Blue Ribbon to clean black powder fouling. I hear it's very effective. However, "flash-bang" becomes "flash-bang-belch" afterwards.

Latest posts

Back