• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Food for thought!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly I hunt on good days only mostly and plan on getting a powder horn. So this would be good for good weather day hunting I think.
I'm kind of surprised the usual, "never glue the buttplug of your horn in place,,,,, YOURE MAKING A GRENADE!!!" crowd isn't here flipping out over this project. 😆 🤣 😂
Maybe you should "checker" it with really wide space "checkering" 😉
You know,,,,, for a better grip....

I'm kind of surprised the usual, "never glue the buttplug of your horn in place,,,,, YOURE MAKING A GRENADE!!!" crowd isn't here flipping out over this project. 😆 🤣 😂
Maybe you should "checker" it with really wide space "checkering" 😉
You know,,,,, for a better grip....
They will be here soon!🤣 checkering coming soon lolol

I have had wax finished hickory bows loose performance in wet weather, no oil on those though.
When you get a bow to the moisture content you are shooting for seal it and seal it well. I had a eastern red cedar bow that was a dream to shoot but only after I sealed it. It cost me dearly at a tournament. I think if you put your ear next to the bow you could hear it sucking up the moisture? LOL!

Consider carefully slicing it in half. Then hollow out the inside. Seal it if you need. Then glue and maybe pin the two halves together. Finish it the way you want. I made a flask out of walnut many years ago. The wood came from the same piece of walnut I used to build a pistol with. No problems with the flask. :thumb:

Back