• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

For Real!?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This guy claims he crapped his knickers when he saw the photo the next day.
securedownload.jpg

Robby

Guessing it's a FAKE.. Mountain lions aren't known to just "stand" there while either stalking or in stealth mode. Normally they will hunker down close to the ground even in darkness, in the presence of humans. I could be wrong.. :idunno:

This was sent to me in an email. It didn't say where the location was. This was the caption.
"Always take someone with you...who has a camera and a gun!
This guy was hunting by himself when he downed this elk. Took pictures with self-timer on his camera. States he about crapped his pants when he looked at the pictures the next morning. "
Reminds me of a bowhunting story I read about fourty years ag. A fellow, all camo'ed up us sitting on a hill side varmint calling. Something swats him on the back of the head, he ducks and turns around to see a mountain lion, that immediately takes off up the hill.
Strange things out there sometimes. I tend to believe the picture, and the varmint callers story.
Robby

Well, I hope it's not for real. That guy hasn't even put his tag on the antler yet...hey, wha...what's that back there? Hey did any of you guys see that cougar back there???!!!! :rotf:

Gotta ask how the cat got so well exposed by the flash while brush in front of it, beside it and behind it is all too dark.

Phony as a preacher driving a luxury car. :bull:

I saw that last fall on a bowhunting forum and they yanked it before I could copy it. I'm thinking photoshopped because there is just too little cover in front of kitty vs. what is all around that spot.

But it could be authentic. :idunno:

Here, kitty kitty!

Yep...
Even with a timer, he wouldn't have had time for the cat who wasn't there to all of a sudden walk into view...also I doubt a cat would calmly come in that close with someone hurrying back to get in position in time for the camera to snap the pic...

BrownBear said:
Gotta ask how the cat got so well exposed by the flash while brush in front of it, beside it and behind it is all too dark.

Thats the biggest problem I see with it too. The angle of the cats feet and the slope angle doesn't bother me. There are spots where the terrain is uneven on any slope. I often find small depressions or level spots on steep slopes to set up my bivy sack for the night when backpack hunting. As for a photographer, most of my hunting pics are taken with a self-timer (no photographer) so its possible that the guy in the pic was the only one there. I'm still thinking photo-shop though, mostly due to the uneven lighting like Brown Bear pointed out.

Robby said:
A fellow, all camo'ed up us sitting on a hill side varmint calling. Something swats him on the back of the head, he ducks and turns around to see a mountain lion, that immediately takes off up the hill.

Its not unusual for cats to come in when calling deer, elk and predators of coarse. With cat numbers on the rise more close calls with cats are being reported. The scary thing about cats is that you see their tracks but its rare to see them, even though they see you. I have only seen two in my life after literally many months spent backpacking in wilderness areas (primitive areas, no vehicles, bikes, etc) in Montana and Colorado. These are pretty remote areas. Avoiding trails I have gone up to two weeks (limited by vacation time) without seeing another person. Thats rare anymore in the lower 48.

I have a friend that used to bowhunt. He also was a member of 101st Airborne. He quit bowhunting because he fell in a rock slide and had to have rotator cuff surgery. Because of the air drops, his knees were shot.
Okay, now for the story. He was on his last bowhunt before the fall, and his knees were bothering him so much he decided to hunt closer to camp. He found a slash pile and sat in the middle of it, cow calling. After a bit he saw a mountain lion run across the meadow he was facing. Didn't think much of it. About dark, he started back to camp, walking down an old logging road. Said he could feel something behind him, and when he turned around, a lion was walking behind him. Just as my friend turned the lion crouched down, and my friend let an arrow go right into the front of the cat. The cat ran, but they never found it.
Never say never.

Reminds me of the old feller that was fishing and told his hunting buddy that he caught a model A with the headlights still on. His buddy had told him he shot a deer behind a tree at 400 yds, an the old guy said drop that yardage down to somethin' believeable and I turn off the lights :bull: ...

Aawww man, I showed it to my wife and she jumped. Now to find out it's not real. Had her worried, we're going camping the weekend.

An aussie broadhead maker was recently in Africa. Got out of his treestand to look for an impala he'd shot the day before. Came across his own bootprint with a leopard track on top of it! Got back to the tree just in time to see two leopards stalking him. Luckily he had a radio in the stand and called for help which arrived as the sun was setting. There's one meal that would've tasted like SH!#.

Back