• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fox.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jdw276, deer collisions are too common in Georgia. I witnessed a spectacular collision when a car passed me without considering that other deer would likely step out onto the highway following the first one. My wife did $4000 damage to my truck with her up close & personal experience with a large buck. The buck got up and ran away but my truck had to be towed.

Its always the second or third deer that gets you. A couple have hit me.

Jdw276, deer collisions are too common in Georgia. I witnessed a spectacular collision when a car passed me without considering that other deer would likely step out onto the highway following the first one. My wife did $4000 damage to my truck with her up close & personal experience with a large buck. The buck got up and ran away but my truck had to be towed.
Well if yours was an average claim, times 300 is $1.2mil a DAY in claims! Or about $395mil a year from their bottom line. Big ouchy.

I don't know why but I have read that where you are at and in the south there is more deer now than in the early 1900's. Tell me why??
Several major reasons. Lack of natural predators, lots of farmed and cultivated munchies, declining numbers of hunters, PETA, etc... Texas has the largest number of deer in the country. There are still quite a few hunters, but we are as a group getting older. Don't see a lot of younger hunters anymore. Just look at the average age of the members here....

There are still quite a few hunters, but we are as a group getting older. Don't see a lot of younger hunters anymore. Just look at the average age of the members here....

I see younger hunters but they all want to shoot deer at 400+ yds. with smokeless muzzleloaders .. or worse. :(

Was talking to a State Trooper recently, he told me he had compiled the stats for crashes in his county, one of 254 in the state of Texas. In the previous year they had responded to 365 deer vs vehicle crashes! And he guessed as many went unreported.
One deer a day killed and another probably killed, in a county of 1000 Sq. miles. One county of 254 in the state.

Ponder that if you will....

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.
(Theodore Roosevelt - April 23, 1910)

If you are going to quote Teddy, at least give him credit for it.

Back