• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Free hog & coyote hunts in central Texas!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wes/Tex

Cannon
Reaction score
Was at the small gun show in Giddings this morning and found a group who is offering FREE hunts for hogs and coyotes in the central Texas area. They have some sort of working arrangement with area ranchers to help them deal with predators and hogs. The hunts are free, you just to get here and they do allow muzzleloaders as well as conventional rifles. Let me say here, I have no affiliation with the group whatsoever...just located the table with flyers and thought some of you might be getting stir crazy with seasons over. If interested, contact Bob Pohlman at 1-254-933-7045 or www.coyotehunts@sbc global.net

Last edited by a moderator:
Be careful !! I can not speak for the group you refer to, but I have been swindled into a free deer hunt. Only to find out ya have to pay to stay there, buy their meals, pay for a mandatory guide, use their processors, while there was no charge for the deer you harvested and and what sounded free would have gotten really expensive luckily I did research and found out about all the hidden gems from others and backed out of the hunt.

Thanks for the heads up. It has been my experience thus far in life that there are very few things of value in this world that are free. When I hear the word "free", I usually go the other way.

Jeff

Frankly, I do NOT doubt for a single second that hunting for coyotes & hogs are COMPLETELY FREE in any number of places in TX. = One of my friends from Kerrville GETS PAID 75.oo each for hogs & 125.oo for coyotes "removed from private property".

"Wendy" has more "work" than she & her husband can handle.
(In 2013, Wendy gave away more than a TON of pork to HUNTERS FOR THE HUNGRY.)

Note: In 2010, I would bet that "Hunters" were feeding HALF the "truly poor people" in Prince William County, VA on venison & feral pork. = A.C.T.S. is the "distributing agency". - ACTS has volunteers who dress, cool, wrap & distribute the meat to the hungry. - ALL that a hunter has to do is "drop off the game" at the food bank.

yours, satx

For a long time ranchers in Texas were trying to sell hog hunts. Now they are flooded with hogs and in a lot of places they are using choppers to kill them. I can see them backing down and offering free hunts instead of paying for someone to kill them. Ron

Latest posts

Back