• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

frontier/cabelasblueridge

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve hill

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why the big difference in
price between these two guns?I thought they were
the same gun but cabelas list for 450.00
and all the frontiers go from 575 to over 600
is there a difference in the guns? Any thoughts
are appreciated thanks

I have had both and the Cabela's is a real nice gun, but the Frontier seems to have better wood, and better wood to metal fit. I don't know if it is enough better to justify the cost difference though. The Blue Ridge is a real good shooter.

I would imagine that Cabela's can negotiate much better volume pricing than the averag store and may have had longer term contracts in place before the value of the euro rose.

Think Senor Pollo Poco is on the right track here. The advantage of volume buying would count a lot pricewise. If you look though Pedersoli's site, you'll fine they are making their own model with several options like curly maple and fancy brass furniture to directly appeal to the american maket. Wish they'd do the same with other models.

When I bought the Blue ridge from cabela's I removed the sticker from the bow and The pedersoli sticker for the frontier was under it. I say it is just quanity buying that makes them cheaper.

I've also had my eye one the Blue Ridge for a while now, saving the pennies. I noticed that just a couple of days ago Cabela's bumped up the price from $450 to $490. Probably still a pretty decent price, though.

I have a .36 cal. flintlock cabelas/pedersoli frontier/Blue Ridge.It is a tack driver,w/in it's range limitations and provided I do my part well.I must echo what was said previously,they are the same guns.I am sure Pedersoli makes a more expensive version but you will be pleased if you purchase one.best regards,J.A.

Back