• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Frozen stall image

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuck Tiller

32 Cal
Reaction score
Could a couple of members post pictures of a frizzen stall in use please?

I can’t get mine to stay on the frizzen, especially if I put the rifle in a canvas case.

Thanks,
Chuck

Could a couple of members post pictures of a frizzen stall in use please?

I can’t get mine to stay on the frizzen, especially if I put the rifle in a canvas case.

Thanks,
Chuck
You really don’t need a frizzen stall on while cased, unless it’s loaded. Anyway your frizzen stalls probably too big. I’ll take a pic of mine when I get to my gun closet.

If you tie a leather thong from your trigger guard to the stall and adjust the length to where you have to tug on the stall to get it to slip over the frizzen it won't come off, I use deer hide which is stretchy. I leave one on my guns if they are loaded and stored for the next hunt shot opportunity that might be months away, I drop the hammer on the stall. If the gun is unloaded, I never put a stall on the frizzen.

I have never had a frizzen rust with the stall on for an extended length of time, but then again, I am a fair-weather hunter and keep my rifles out of the elements.

frizzen stall 001.JPG

I hunt with my gun cocked with the stall in place when I am sitting but don't cock the gun when I am walking, for me it is a lot easier and quieter to flip off the stall to take a shot that to cock my gun quietly with very cold fingers.

fowler at work.JPG

Last edited:
Mainly I’m using it for protection during transport to and from the range. I pretty much decided that it is too large and needs one side trimmed down to fit.

Back