• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fusil de Chasse , new to me one

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fusil de Chasse came in 3 slight variations. Early Tulle without a wedding bad where the octagon went round, Later (1734) Tulle that had the wedding bands,
I don’t know where you got that information, but that is entirely wrong.

The 1727 contract to Tulle specifically calls out a single wedding band transition from octagonal to round.

Thanks guys for the responses. Now I know a little bit about Centermark. So, approximately what years would you say Centermark was in business ?

Rick
Here ya go Rick ...little bit of info for ya ....this is from Foxfire No. 3 published in 85 ..When they went out of business I dont know ..

Attachments

• IMG_20240612_203159.jpg
    IMG_20240612_203159.jpg
    4.1 MB
  • IMG_20240612_203204.jpg
    IMG_20240612_203204.jpg
    4.1 MB
  • IMG_20240612_203129.jpg
    IMG_20240612_203129.jpg
    4.2 MB
Thanks, Rob, now we know, and I feel better knowing my CRS isn't as bad as I thought. These guns were available in the eighties, But I still remember he ran into problems building these guns and I still believe mine was contracted out to get the orders filled. Anyway, I've always had very good accuracy with this gun even with a turtle front sight!

Interesting architecture on the last one pictured. I am certainly not an expert but I don't remember seeing the wrist contour continued so far into the butt stock.
Funny ... many fellows I ran into that had Centermark Fusil s did the same thing to their Guns , extended the wrist further down into the buttstock ...

So stoked !! Just got this Centermark Fusil de Chasse from Washington state . Ive wanted one since the early 90s but never could find or afford one till now Funny how I have money to buy cool stuff and don't have to sell my personal guns I love when I'm single ...go figure !! Frikken women !! LOL !! Can't wait to shoot it and I will ASAP and put the pics and info here on his thread . Just some pics for now . Shes in great shape . Two cool guys ive been FB friends with for a few years owned it and took really nice care of her .... Very happy with her :) Oops ... Lost the pics . Pics coming soon ....
BOTH of them are fine looking long guns! I'm guessing they're both 20 bore?
I'm gonna have to start on my LH smoothbore flintlock soon. I've waited too long. I have the lock, stock and barrel... just need time.

WEEH DAWGY !! I knew the L.O.P. was a stretch for this short ship but ... 14 and a half !! Lordy Lordy !! Gotta stretch my arm a bit or saw off the buttplate !! LOL !! Darn the bad luck ! :)

Attachments

• IMG_20240613_125936~2.jpg
    IMG_20240613_125936~2.jpg
    1.3 MB
BOTH of them are fine looking long guns! I'm guessing they're both 20 bore?
I'm gonna have to start on my LH smoothbore flintlock soon. I've waited too long. I have the lock, stock and barrel... just need time.
Ah !! Very cool ! I wanna see your build !! Yeah , both 20 ga. ....

If I keep her , I'm plannin on keeping her ...I'm gonna replace the side plate with an authentic one that I'll make ... also ....notice the trigger positions !! Hmmmm... :)

Attachments

• IMG_20240613_133440~2.jpg
    IMG_20240613_133440~2.jpg
    1.2 MB
  • IMG_20231016_183021.jpg
    IMG_20231016_183021.jpg
    2.7 MB
Last edited:
LOL ! Its an option but ...kinda neat idea here ...I THINK I can make a trigger that sits further to the rear of the tr
Well man, git ye saw out and get cutting :ghostly: !
trigger guard ! That would be really cool because cutting the stock I'd have to make the buttplatea bit narrower ,the sto k tapers down , I'll destroy its finish , so refinish it afterwards , the buttstock would be cut and the B.P. re fit back on , finish ruined on the stock , most likely , so a refinish on it ....UGH !! The trigger " thing " .... may be just the thing !! :) But no time soon ....I'm busy busy busy .... I do want to shoot it with shot and round ball soon. though ... definitely do that ....then remake the sideplate and replace S.P./ lock screws with my favorite style .... :)

Back