• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fusil de Chasse , new to me one

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased my Centermark second-hand in 2010 at a local gun show. I was not familiar with the Centermark guns back then. So, I thought you guys would like to see some photos of what the gun looked like when I first bought it. LOL Instead of a wood ramrod someone press-fitted a piece of copper tube between two of the ramrod pipes into the channel, and used an iron ramrod (looks like a replica Bess rod). I thought to myself, why would anyone do that ? Also, the stock finish color looked......well....like poop brown (a term coined by Mike Brooks I think LOL). So, I sent the gun and an iron-tipped wood rod to my then muzzle loading gunsmith to be refinished in Aquafortis and the copper tube removed and replaced with the correct wood rod. Looked Worlds better when I got it back to me. It was determined that this Centermark likely started life as a Kit. And we found the likely reason for the iron ramrod. The correct size wood rod would not clear the front lock bolt. AH-HA. So, the gunsmith just put the wood rod on a lathe and tapered the end so it would clear the front lock bolt. And all is well. LOL That had to be the ugliest color of brown stain. It even had a slight green tint to it under the right light. LOL

Rick

Wooops. Forgot the pics.....

Tulle 001 (Medium).jpg
Tulle 006 (Medium).jpg
Tulle 008 (Medium).jpg
Tulle 009 (Medium).jpg
Tulle 010 (Medium).jpg

Well I must say all this talk of the CenterMark Tulle I’m going to take mine out tomorrow. It’s been a long time since I fired it. I got mine in the early 2000s from track of the wolf. I traded a few old guns for it. I think I made out pretty good.
The previous owner put a rear site on that I’m thinking about removing.

Attachments

• IMG_2990.jpeg
    IMG_2990.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2991.jpeg
    IMG_2991.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2992.jpeg
    IMG_2992.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Back