• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Future of the sport...?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We just had our annual club meeting to elect officers and this topic came up there. Some of the members presented really good ideas such as contacting the people who seem to be missing and reminding them of all the fun. We also have added a raffle rifle that can be won by anyone, not just our club memebers. Once you've got the rifle, you have to shoot somewhere.
Matt was contacted by a couple of groups who wanted to encourage the young people to start shooting at events. He worked out a donation youth rifle for 2 of these clubs and the youth shoots are growing every time. Other business owners do this on a regular basis with clubs, too. Needless to say that him getting a Christmas card with a picture of the young winner and rifle made his day. The young people are definitely our future.
One of the guys here at the shop helps with the primitive skills at Boy Scouts. They all enjoy the hawk throwing and fire starting. Then you invite them to the shoot.
Besides the history lessons can't hurt.
Slash

The future is best supported by our getting onvolved in Youth Hunter Education Challenge and 4H shooting programs. I was involved in the ML portion of hte YHEC as our club ran that event in the state shoot and I was also a coach of our local team. However, when I left Louisiana, I asked about these programs and got blank stares.

I did get involved with an NJROTC rifle team, but they only shoot pellet guns.

CS

]

Kids will be kids, when we were kids did we want to do the things that our adult figures did?

Some things, yes, most things, no...

Modern kids are brainwashed into thinking that all guns are bad, remember the good ol' days when we got toy guns...
Musket man I am blessed ! My youngest son and daughter both play cow boy and indeains and they love to read all my hunting and fishing matreials.But lateley they play C.I.A. (verry cute) but will watch Alame (new one)They have told me that they like to shoot my bp pistole over the modern guns cause the modern guns only make noise and Kick.They like the smell of bp smoke and like making it.I like if because as I reverse engeneer the pistole I have They will come and sit with me and discover how it works with me.My oldest boy (13) cant be caught dead with a red neck like me and I have to stay in the car around his frends but he wants to hunt and I know this caues he is a levty and he always brings to my atention gun makers who produce Left handed guns.My Dad never went out of his way to teach me But they had hunter safty when I was in school and it was a 4 month corse.We lerned what to shoot hou to clean it where to look for it as well as hunting ethics top it all off with a heavy dose of safty and BAM ! you got 9th grade hunters.We did such evil things as handle guns at school (gasp) and going to the shooting range.Thees classes arnt avalible to my kids but it is fine with me.I would rather teach them any way.Especaley since it gives me time with them and that is precous to me since as they get older they will all starte to go there own way some day.But in the mean time I for my part have braught 3 with me into the primative hunting arena.Now I need to get back to looking for a left handed ML.Be well all.Oh and to the man who takes the neighbor boy hunting My hats off to you :master:Verry few people will do that.When they have the free fishing day out here I usuley load the truck with cane poles and kids and head to lake Houston.I mostly get hooks in my fingers but its worth it and I get pestured alot aboult when the next free fishing day will be.But you de man man!

Back