• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Game Bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
orange strap or not, I don't take anything white with me into the woods... we have a nice crop of Yahoos out here, and they see white moving in the woods and are sure it's the tail of a deer. Even when it's right next to an orange hat and orange vest. My game bag is an old haversack that I dyed brown. My white, screwtip horn stays at home, and my brown, hunting horn goes with me... :shocked2:

We don't get too many hunters shot out here, but I have seen way too many Yahoos leveled in the direction of a fellow wearing orange and carrying something white or light grey...I'm glad they identified their target before taking a shot... but I don't "level" my firearm until I've identified it's a deer...

LD

Where I hunt I always wear a Blaze Orange vest & Hat.
I have been shot standing in the road talking to my wife.
Had to go to the hospital to get a #6 removed from my arm the rest hit the topper on my truck.
When my sons were young and hunted with me and my father it was the same Blaze Orange rule.
I know this may not seem period correct but I would rather not be shot again.
I stuff my game in the back of my vest cause I don't want them flopping around.
Never know when someone might take a shot at me again.
The deer I shot never seemed to notice the Blaze Orange and I have taken many with my 50 cal BP Rifle

Latest posts

Back