• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gardening ..again

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here in Canada we can only plant our seedlings third week of May because before that it still freezes at night.
I planted pretty deep in May myself. Late frost got me during Dogwood Winter last season, and I wasn't taking any chances.

One doesn't just plant it and forget it. Keeping up the garden is alot of work. What with my being down healthwise and such a crop failure this year I'm about to call my garden quits for this year. The weeds are taking over and its getting too hot down here. If I can get my tiller going I'm going to pay my nephew to "plow it under" and hope for a better gardening season next season. Didn't I say that last year?
Youins had drought conditions last year if I remember correctly. You'll be in better health next year, and have a bumper crop.

One doesn't just plant it and forget it. Keeping up the garden is alot of work. What with my being down healthwise and such a crop failure this year I'm about to call my garden quits for this year. The weeds are taking over and its getting too hot down here. If I can get my tiller going I'm going to pay my nephew to "plow it under" and hope for a better gardening season next season. Didn't I say that last year?
Sorry to get that report. Farmers and Gardners are gamblers, for sure. Sometimes we go bust overnight, other times it takes a while, but by golly it's still fun to ante up and see what hand the Lord deals out. Royal Flushes are rare (barn bustin' crops), mostly I draw a pair of deuces.

Sorry to get that report. Farmers and Gardners are gamblers, for sure. Sometimes we go bust overnight, other times it takes a while, but by golly it's still fun to ante up and see what hand the Lord deals out. Royal Flushes are rare (barn bustin' crops), mostly I draw a pair of deuces.
Oh, I wasn't referring to us gardeners but have you ever driven by someones "weed patch" and saw that there was a garden in there at one time? I come from a long line of farmers. We saw that there were more busts than booms.

The last couple of years have been busts, I guess you could call them crop failures down here in South Texas , in my garden anyway. Too hot and dry, I guess. Now it's sitting there looking terrible. We had a rain shower last week and now the weeds are taking over. I need to plow it under as it's an embarrassment to the community. But I had surgery yesterday and I'm following the doctors orders in taking it easy.If I were feeling great I doubt I get behind that tiller anyway. It's Hot out there.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back