• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gardening ..again

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol i found a way they never sprouted!
They take some learning. We start ours inside in February and get about 75% germination. They get transplanted out in spring. You have to pick the right type long or short day onions for your area. We grow enough in a 4x8 raised bed to last all year. It took a long time to get it right. Never had luck with sets.

Two more bottles of hot sauce with the last of my jalapenos, pablanos and a reaper or 2 just for fun.

Attachments

• IMG_20241025_140618131.jpg
    IMG_20241025_140618131.jpg
    759 KB
Last spring I bought 1 tomato plant ahead of anything. I babied that plant till I was sure no frost. Had a special place for it and so on.planted it and was growing good. Then over 3 inches of rain came and drowned it. Along with that came the powerd mildew stuff. Next year most of my garden will be in raised beds. Though those rain gave me a bumper crop of black rasberry, peaches, pawpaws, persimmons.

Raised beds are a great idea. They take a little more water management , dry out faster. We have 16 4x8 beds. They are not filled with soil. They are 1/3 compost, peat moss, perlite. The beauty is NO weeds until the birds plant them. They remain controllable.

Raised beds are a great idea. They take a little more water management , dry out faster. We have 16 4x8 beds. They are not filled with soil. They are 1/3 compost, peat moss, perlite. The beauty is NO weeds until the birds plant them. They remain controllable.
That's what I have seen I put bails of straw down then compost and other dirt on top. Straw Will decompose over winter some and plants have little problem of getting roots in them

Latest posts

Back