• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gave a kid

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Charlie

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I gave the kid next door a CVA .50 cal Hawken yesterday. He is only 12 years old but has three deer to his credit with center fire rifles. I live out in the woods and shoot off my back porch. When he hears me shooting he comes over and I let him take a few shots. I hope I am adding a side locke shooter to the ranks! And yes it it ok with his dad.
He don't have the gun yet as I told him he had to come over and learn to load and clean it. It is raining here and he is realy Po at the weather man LOL.
OLd Charlie

Bless you, Charlie! Your act of generosity will stick with that kid for the rest of his life. Well done! :thumbsup:
Rick

Charlie,
Feels good, don't it?

My neighbors 14 year old grandson is going to help me build him a matchlock (it's been ok'd by the parents and grandparents). He visits every 2nd weekend (one of those custody things) and always comes over to see my toys or what I'm working on now.

May future generations never forget past generations.
Thanks, dave

I did the same with my .54 Renegade once I made the jump to muskets, you would have thought I gave him a million dollars from the look on his face...

Black Powder shooters are the best kind of folks, you know? This is why my wife really got into this whole thing with me; it was meeting people like you who not only care about shooting, care about the sport, but just care about people in general and kids especially. One act of kindness can change a life forever, especially in one so young. I would dare say that when that boy is grown, he will look back on this as one of the pivotal moments of his life.

Who knows, maybe you just influenced one of our future politicians...

good show,
Stumblin

Bless you Charlie. I'm sure the youngun will always remember you for your act of kindness!
:RO:
Chuck

I did the same thing a couple of years ago for a 14 year old that lived across the road from me. He had been talking about getting a ML for over a year and I had a 50 cal. T/C Hawken that I had acquired and didn't need. I talked to his mom and she said ok. I told her to tell him that a stray had taken up at my house and I needed for him to come get it and find a home for it. I had put the rifle in the bed of my truck and he came over with the longest face, thinking he was going to have to fine a home for a stray cat or dog. I told him where the stray was, and you should have seen his face when he saw the rifle. So far he has shot two deer with it.
Oscar/NC

That's a great thing to do to bring others, especially youth, to our sport ! :applause: :applause: :applause:

That's how I came to posess my TC Renegade in .54. If youv'e read my introduction, the old fella that introduced me to BP gave me that rifle after he showed me the basics. That was about 3 years ago, and I'm 33 now. So the significance behind that gesture is powerful, regardless of the age of the person!

That rifle is priceless to me. I named it "Ben" in honor of the donor. It's the rifle I would grab on the way out the door in a fire!!!

Again, great deed!! You will always have a special place in that kid's heart and mind, I guarantee it!!

Jason :redthumb:

Latest posts

Back