• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

georgia black Powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard for some reason it's hard to find in GA. Your best bet may be to order it. Post on the board and ask about the best source.

If you want to order some, you can order less than a case from Graf & Sons in Missouri, however, I found J&J PyroTechnics...a master Goex Distributor in PA to be so low priced I buy it by the case from them.
Last year they delivered a case of Goex to me here in Raleigh, NC for $220.
They'll mix the 25 cans any way you want...I wanted all 3F so I got 24 cans of 3F and 1 can of 4F priming powder...works out to $8.80/lb on your front porch.

"Bonnie"
J&J PyroTechnics
RR3, Box 3367G
Moscow, PA, 18444
Phone = 570-842-3658

I can see it now, black powder scalpers...
rolleyes.gif

Psst! Hey buddy, I got some FFFg here...
You want FFg, I can get it...

Went from bootlegging whiskey to running black powder.

Maybe Georgia is a smoke-free state?
rolleyes.gif
grin.gif

Musketman, I was actually worried about that very thing back when all the talk started up about the "patriot act" that was being drawn up after 9/11...so I put back a couple cases of a lot # of Goex I knew to be outstanding, just to be sure I'd have some BP to continue my recreational shooting & hunting...turns put the patriot act exempted BP after all, but I'm not sorry I have a little cushion

quote:Originally posted by Harpman:
man, dont kid like that, I'm over here jonesin for someFFg. Can you drive to South Carolina or Florida and buy some black powder?

Does Georgia have some kind of state-to-state gunpowder law? Check with neighboring states first to see if they can sell it to someone from another state.

roundball quoted: "Last year they delivered a case of Goex to me here in Raleigh, NC"

There might be a "Hazardous Cargo" charge added to the price of regular shipping and handling.

$220 a case included hazmat fees and shipping charges...call Bonnie at J&J Pyrotechnics and ask her...

What's funny up here where I live in North-East Ohio is that the gun shops do not carry black powder...

But the bait and tackle shop does...
confused.gif

Well, we do have some big Muskies in Pymatuming Lake.
rolleyes.gif

Go figure...

Hey, I am from Chardon ..LOL, I left there in 77 for the Army, and stayed here in Ga when i got out. Toooooooooooo coooooooooold up there !!

Back