• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Getting Closer!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longcruise

70 Cal.
Reaction score
There are still some left over ml tags remaining for the unit this one lives in.

Mammothbuck_zpsc2d75380.jpg

Probably lecturing the choir, but I'll do it anyway.

You may have noticed with prior pre-season scouts of public lands, but most animals really change their patterns just before the season opens.

I suspect it's all the guys showing up a few days early and tearing up the country on "scouts," but doing little more than driving off the game.

Best advice I got as a young man still serves today:

Read the terrain and decide where the game is likely to move once the pressure is on. Then on opening day, start about 3 hours before daylight with a flashlight and move quietly into the new country and wait for the action to start. Usually takes around 30-45 minutes for the spooked game to arrive in the new location, but the smart old ones got there days ago and need your respect while waiting for light.

I think that's good advice!

A few things will vary though. First off, my two tags are both doe tags. One in this unit and one in another. This unit is not very popular and number of tags are limited. In fact that is why there were ml tags left after the draw. They are sold out now though. won't be much of an opening day push.

I also have an archery cow elk tag that is good there and that will allow a couple weeks of poking around before ml opener.

this year is all about the freezer!

Gotta admit, that was my attitude at your age and wholeheartedly agree. Just never had that"bucket list" term till Jack Nicholson made that movie. PM me when you have a tag to fill and I'll help steer you along.

Back