• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Getting in to black powder in PA

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check with Shablesky Muzzleloading, in Beaver county about an hour drive from Pittsburgh, no website but they do have a presence on Facebook with hours etc.

The NMLRA has a field rep in that area and he can direct you to the world in that area. Plus be warned he will make you laugh. You can check the NMLRA web site for Field Reps. If you can't find his name we can get in touch or better yet call NMLRA for field reps in that area. and they will get you guys together.

I live in Pittsburgh! It appears that there is at least one store near the city, Ace Sporting Goods, who regularly carries Goex FFF. However, if anyone has recommendations for other stores or ranges in there area, I'm all ears! Thank you for the welcome everyone, I am quite excited to get started!

As a side note to the Mods, can you please clarify the requirements to reply in the Classified Forum to make a purchase? I know that the rules there state that as a prerequisite one must be a member for 14 days with five posts - are those the requirements to make a listing, or is that the required activity before before I can participate in any capacity in that section?
Ace in Washington usually has powder and they have a good selection of accoutrements as well
As far as caps ? Who knows

One place w/ a complete catalog is Log Cabin Muzzleloading. I live in Central Pa. and have been a frequent flyer at Log Cabin for over 50 yrs. , with complete satisfaction. Good folks there. Their shop near Lodi , Ohio is a show stopper. It's not far from where I-80 crosses the Pa. -Ohio border in N/E Ohio. I used to stop there on trips and late in the day they allow you to park your camper there and visit the next AM. In Oct. they have a big shindig there as well.

Just stopped at Ace Sporting goods WashingtonPA
They have GOEX and caps
Caps are not too bad price considering supply
And plenty of lead balls as well
Not advertising Just letting you know stuff is available there
You can us the Google-fu to find them

Hello all! I am new to the black powder scene and am looking to acquire a Rem. New Model Army reproduction soon! Any recommendations for ancillary equipment (cleaning, disassembly tools, etc.) and/or ranges in the western PA area that are friendly to a whole bunch of smoke would be greatly appreciated!
Welcome aboard from Lycoming County!

Back