• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gobs of gobblers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonehunter

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Spring is on its way fellas, get them smoothbores tuned up and ready to go! :v
100_0108.jpg

100_0110.jpg

100_0111.jpg

100_0112.jpg

100_0113.jpg

100_0118.jpg

100_0107.jpg

100_0115.jpg

You are correct, a little darker and a little smaller than the rest of the strains of turks.
The hardest of the slam to get due to the limited range. I dont feel that they gobble quite as much as other types of turkeys, but that is my personal opinion. I like to hunt birds that gobble, that is what it is all about.
Has anybody here ever taken a grand slam with a muzzleloader? That would be really cool!! :v

i was gonna try for a grand slam this spring but as i still don't have a barrel for my turkey gun that's not gonna happen. oh well, i guess another spring with the smokeless fad.

Exciting! :thumbsup: No trip south for me this year on account of more youngin's in the house. I'll have to wait until April 25th.

lonehunter, not bad photos for you. There isn't as many in the photo as you were telling us this morning. What happened to 20 or 30? We got to talk about when we are going. It starts the 20th. :wink: :haha:

We in the Bay State have to wait until the fourth monday in April to hunt for spring turkey season. Right now I am not sure where they are.

HEY CHICKEN LEGS!!
If you want to call me out!
Keep a eye on this thread, I will find them again and post pictures here soon!
Ill bet you my shootin bag, for that p.o.s. fusil you own!! :stir:

:haha: :haha:

Your just jealous because my fusal will out shoot your 50 cal. T. C. rifle at 50 yards. I would throw it in the river and hang my head if I were you. :blah: I've killed two gobblers with it so tell me about the deer you didn't shoot with your rifle gun or was that shoot at and didn't hit I don't remember. :yakyak: :rotf:

That aint sayin nothin, a daisy red rider will out shoot that t/c at 50 yards. :cursing: :v
I got more gob pcts today if yall want to see them.
when does everybodys season start?
Can you use decoys?
what about rifles?
you can use them all here, IF you are lucky enough to have a place to hunt! :v

DSCN1960.JPG

Season doesn’t open until April 17. As you can see they are still in large flocks. Snapped this image last week while visiting a job site. Can’t stand it anymore, I’m going south to hunt next week.

Here is some more! Hope you enjoy as much as i do!
100_0186.jpg

100_0187.jpg

100_0193.jpg

100_0195.jpg

100_0197.jpg

100_0199.jpg

100_0220.jpg

100_0222.jpg

100_0223.jpg

100_0220.jpg

Season cant get here soon enough!!
100_0173-1.jpg
:v

Spring Season starts March 27th here and last until early May. Shotguns only for firearms but there's an archery season. Most of the birds that I see are in residential areas. :redface:

Good luck Lonehunter! :thumbsup: GW

It won't be long now!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Good luck to y'all in the spring woods!

:hatsoff:
Wess

I call them "The chamber of commerce gobblers"
I thought it was pretty neat also, did not know it was there until i put it on the computer. :v

Back