• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Goex delivered @ $9.75 per pound

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
I hate driving long trips and am having to make a drive up through PA to NY in a few weeks. But the good news is I'll be going right past the Goex distributor I've ordered cases from during the past several years, so I'll be able to stop and pick up a couple 25lb cases of loose bulk Goex at $9.75/pound.

I already have cartons of empty Goex cans so I'll fill them up and print some new date code & lot# labels to stick on them. I usually prefer 3F where ever I can but I'm going to get a case of 3F and one of 2F so I'll be set if the new .58cal prefers 2F for some odd reason...will also pick up a couple cans of 4F while I'm there...sure will make the trip a lot more satisfying.

:thumbsup:

I sure hope the "dealer" isn't selling off some old Elephant powder he emptied out of a bunch of old cans. :rotf:

When buying "bulk powder" one never knows. :hmm:

Zonie said:
When buying "bulk powder" one never knows. :hmm:
You sound like one of those conspiracy theorists
:shake:

So let me help you:

"when buying a case of one pound cans one never knows what's inside the cans". :hmm:

Sounds like a fantastic deal for YOU.

You got my attention thinking I could get a good deal.

Thanks for nothing.

:haha:

:v

HD

Huntin Dawg said:
You got my attention thinking I could get a good deal.

:grin: ...sorry about that...was just sharing a good opportunity that unexpectedly made itself available because of a trip I had to make.

Bear River Powder is 4 miles south of my place. They are the Goex Dist. for Wyoming, Utah, Idaho in this area. I picked up powder for a 45-120 and 110 this week. The 1F was $11.00 in cans no sales tax. They have the bulk in 1F, 1FA, 2,3,F grades at $9.00 in sealed cases. The 4F in cans only at $11.00. :thumbsup:

redwing,
Get as much as you can and safely store!
Obama don't know much about Wyoming,might not
even know it is a state :hmm: But the :bull: he will be backing in D.C.
will affect all us gun owning legal folks of
our country.IMO
snake-eyes
If I strayed from topic I appologize :eek:ff

roundball said:
I hate driving long trips and am having to make a drive up through PA to NY in a few weeks. But the good news is I'll be going right past the Goex distributor I've ordered cases from during the past several years, so I'll be able to stop and pick up a couple 25lb cases of loose bulk Goex at $9.75/pound.

Don't forget the HAZMAT labels for your car... :grin:

BPHASMAT.png

I'm fresh out of those signs :grin: ...and if I get stopped I'll yell out to the cop that my vehicle is a no smoking area

i used to buy powder for the club. and i could only haul 2 kegs at a time 3 if i had someone ride along with me. that was the law.

where is this dis. ? is he nere chambersburg?

MikeC said:
roundball said:
J&J Pyrotechnics, Moscow, PA
http://goexpowder.com/distributors.html[/quote]Hmmm, only 90 miles from me, might have to make a little road trip myself.

How are the bulk purchases packaged? Can the powder stay as is or must it be transfered into smaller containers for long term storage as it's being used?
25lbs loose powder in a heavy plastic bag, inside a heavy cardboard carton. Personally, after getting home I would feel more comfortable transferring it to smaller containers.

If you don't have cans, I've seen some folks post here that they've just used clean / dry plastic milk jugs, coca-cola bottles, etc...only repeating what I've read, no personal knowledge of that.
But it does seems like plastic would work fine considering that a number of powder manufacturers now use plastic bottles for their powder instead of metal.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the location and name of the distributer? Sounds like a good reason for a trip.

[/quote]
25lbs loose powder in a heavy plastic bag, inside a heavy cardboard carton. Personally, after getting home I would feel more comfortable transferring it to smaller containers.

If you don't have cans, I've seen some folks post here that they've just used clean / dry plastic milk jugs, coca-cola bottles, etc...only repeating what I've read, no personal knowledge of that.
But it does seems like plastic would work fine considering that a number of powder manufacturers now use plastic bottles for their powder instead of metal.[/quote]I can get Nalgene containers from work. Sounds like a winner :thumbsup:

The 25 pound sealed plastic bag is in a Goex box the same size and looks of the ones that hold 25 one-pound cans, sealed at the factory. I got a case of it from Bear River Powder, the one Redwing described, at the National Rendezvous in Wyoming last July (?), think it was about $9.60 or so the pound. That firm is a Master Distributor for Goex, as is the one Roundball is buying from. I filled what empty Goex cans I had, remarked to 3F, and stored the rest of that bag in a white plastic bucket with lid, which I bought at Tru Value Hardware, in a hole in the ground under my deck. Don't want that much powder in the house. I also store the cans in lidded plastic buckets buried in the ground.

May have to reconsider that road trip. Did the math using 7% sales tax. I can get 25 pounds of KIK in cans(little hotter and cleaner than Goex) delivered for .32 cents more a pound. With gas factored in, it's a better deal, at least for me.

Back