• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Goex delivered @ $9.75 per pound

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'm only doing this is because I'll be driving past the location only 2-3 miles off to the side...

As most of you already know Bulk Powder can not be shipped by common carriers. It must be picked up at a magazine or sales point. Goex moves this powder by private carrier to sales outlets.

Just two corrections.....PA sales tax is 6%, not 7% and J&J Pyro is about 7 miles off of I-81, not 2 or 3 miles. I've dealt with Bonnie and never had any problems. You will be picking up the powder at an office attached to her house. Her storage bunker is nearby, no one but her goes there. The last time I went to get powder there was a thunder storm in the area and I had to wait for her to return about an hour until all signs of lightning were past. She wouldn't go in the bunker for fear of a lightning strike.

And for the person asking how far from Chambersburg, there's a distributor in Winchester, VA. that may be closer. From J&J to Chambersburg is about 170 miles.

Bill

The Goex in the 25 lb bags is for FTF sales only. You don't have to transfer it to another container to be safe. Just store the box with the bag inside as you would any other BP you might have. Do you think that Goex would package the powder in these bags if it was unsafe? I have seen these bags with Africa and Nigeria on them. A long way to ship and store if they were dangerous. Later David

"And for the person asking how far from Chambersburg, there's a distributor in Winchester, VA. that may be closer. From J&J to Chambersburg is about 170 miles."

There is or at least used to be a place on Route 743 between Hershey and E-Town.

Johnny Tremain said:
Get it while you can kids. They outlawed black powder here. We have to drive to Oreygun and smuggle it in.
Black powder is illegal in Washington? Are you sure about that?

pa sales tax as of now is 6%,the state is now allowing each county to raise tax to 7%,its up to commisioners in each county to decide,so you may have some counties with 6% and some with 7% soon.

also the 1% difference is to go to local county that approved it.

OK, the deed is done...stopped by Goex distributor J&J Pyrotechniques near Moscow, PA on the way home yesterday and picked up a bulk case of 3F...planning to refill a case of empty Goex 3F cans this weekend, and add the new lot# & date code to the cans...$9.75 per pound will make REAL good smoke.

And you didn't stop by and give me a sample! :rotf: Don't know how close you were but Dixons would have been worth the trip.
http://dixonmuzzleloading.com/

Turn around and come back. :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
410-er said:
Don't know how close you were but Dixons would have been worth the trip.

Just so many hours in a day / week...the brief side step to the Goex distributor was part of a 600 mile drive Wednesday nearing the end of a week long trip...if I had to sit behind the wheel of a car for another minute this week I'd have been looking for a high bridge to jump off of.

Back