• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Goex Upsetting Dealers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I consider the NMLRA a distributor. 1,800 pounds when on the same truck was 8,000 pounds going to a master distributor. The little guys who buy from these distributors still do not have it out in the field. What other master distributors have received it this week? Powder inc? Grafs? Jacks? Others? It is on the way and in the supply chain. The NMLRA has always been a powder source to its members that attend the shoots and cheaper than out in the field. No powder no shoot. They do not ship it. Lot of folks were buying to try it at friendship so who cares who is first. Now lets talk resupply after the initial blast of inventory and field prices.

Much ado about nothing
As a fellow New Englander…. This

My only local option is a 1.5 hour round trip to get bent over for $48 per pound. Or I can deal with high shipping prices and hazmat fees for the one online dealer that will ship to MA and actually has powder in stock.

If a bunch of my fellow shooters got to grab some powder at a decent price, I could not be happier for them. The dealers will have thier hooks back in us soon enough….

Last edited:
I would like to see Goex out there for a while before I invest in any amount of powder. This is essentially a new company and I would like to see some feedback. Not concerned about the price to much and would love to buy USA products. With 1800# out there I guess we'll hear soon.

Just so I'm clear....
People are supposedly whining about a bunch of powder being sold at the Friendship event because it was before your average local dealer has gotten any to sell. Supposedly this is going to hurt that local dealer's sales because people stocked up at Friendship....
Do I have this correct so far?

Um,,,,, what percentage of muzzleloader shooters shoot real black powder? How many of those actually even went to Friendship?
Flint shooters are a minority in the muzzleloader community, and there are also less caplock shooters than inclined shooters,,,, and both of them love their fake powder, thus lowering the market numbers for Goex....
Then consider, for the past year or more I constantly read of Friendship numbers declining, and this guy or that group won't go anymore because of this slight or that offensive decision.....
Let's face it, 1,800 pounds of Goex sold at Friendship affected very few local dealers, if any, if at all.
Internet sales hurt that local small dealer far more than the sales at Friendship possibly could.

In a time of somewhat constricted supply chains, I can't think of any group in more immediate need than shooters attending a shooting event. If the attendees get to buy at a good price and spread the word, good for them, good for GOEX and good for NMLRA.
Let's just go shooting and stop whining.

Rumor has it Goex has upset many of their vendors/dealers by not stocking them up first before deciding to sell powder direct to customers at Friendship, at a lower price then most dealers sell it for. As a business owner I understand the small business owners being upset as you always take care of your dealers first. I think Goex screwed the pooch here. The customers at Friendship were buying it up in large quantities too, thus eliminating the need to buy powder from the dealers once it's in their stock.
I personally didn't buy any while I was there as my guns loves Schuetzen.
Don't need goex plenty of other powders

Some of ya are taking my post the wrong way. I am happy there's going to be more powder available on the market. Hopefully with more competition it will keep prices lower than without it. I am stating what other vendors were saying to customers at the event. THEY (not me) were verbally upset that the powder was being distributed the way it was. One vendor stated "I just seen a customer of mine with 5 pounds and they told me to cancel by backorder as they now have powder. "
This is all I am saying. I will be back to Friendship, support the local dealers, support the NMLRA, etc etc etc. I love the sport and been involved in it throughout the USA over the past 40 years I been doing it. I bring in new shooters young, old, men, woman, kids alike. I do a bunch to promote and expand the heritage and culture. Example: I recently introduced ML'ing to a group of fellow Veterans and families (26 people), they got to shoot flintlocks, and side locks or various makes from full customs to factory guns, throw hawk/knife and all. Now we are organizing a traditional ML hunt for them.

Some of ya are taking my post the wrong way. I am happy there's going to be more powder available on the market. Hopefully with more competition it will keep prices lower than without it. I am stating what other vendors were saying to customers at the event. THEY (not me) were verbally upset that the powder was being distributed the way it was. One vendor stated "I just seen a customer of mine with 5 pounds and they told me to cancel by backorder as they now have powder. "
This is all I am saying. I will be back to Friendship, support the local dealers, support the NMLRA, etc etc etc. I love the sport and been involved in it throughout the USA over the past 40 years I been doing it. I bring in new shooters young, old, men, woman, kids alike. I do a bunch to promote and expand the heritage and culture. Example: I recently introduced ML'ing to a group of fellow Veterans and families (26 people), they got to shoot flintlocks, and side locks or various makes from full customs to factory guns, throw hawk/knife and all. Now we are organizing a traditional ML hunt for them.
One reason for that is a major distributor is 40 miles from friendship? There has always been that shopping opportunity. Believe the distributor indicated they were going to charge more than the NMLRA as well. 5 pounds is $50 of gross profit? That is an estimate on my part. No idea what they are paying plus shipping per pound. But the distributor ships, the NMLRA does not. Added cost for shipping and hazmat, none at friendship.

I was at friendship as well for three days. They were stressed and happy just to receive a powder shipmemt when I was there.

So they should have held back until they could supply everyone at once?
Someone had to be first and if you’re a little dealer it probably wasn’t going to be you. They got it in the hands of some of the most serious shooters first, makes perfect sense to me.

I usually buy from my local shop if he has what I’m looking for even if it’s a little higher.

The powder they bought at Friendship won’t last forever so they will eventually go back to their local shop. Unless that 5 pounds last them a year and they go back to Friendship.

"Rumor has it..."

Why are you spreading a RUMOR?

If the NMLRA can buy 1800 lbs, they are a de facto distributor. They had a major event scheduled, it was in the interests of both GOEX and the NMLRA to make geting powder to Friendship a priority.

Your post contributes nothing positive to GOEX, the NMLRA, or the hobby.
Yep. There was a big event coming up, GOEX stocked them up for it, end of story. No hidden dealings going on. People can breathe easy and not worry about how to start a powder factory in their backyard. All good.

So GOEX, made in America, supported the National Black Powder Shoot at Friendship, Indiana? OR perhaps a dealer of GOEX supported the shoot? According to one of our members, the price didn't undercut other powder prices.
Don't see the problem. If you like, you buy, if you like a different brand, you don't.
Haven't seen any evidence of "dealers" being "upset".
This is 'Merica. 🇺🇲

LD

Plenty of people in the hobby who can't, don't, or won't ever go to Friendship. When they want or need Goex powder and whenever it becomes available through distributors, it will get bought, distributors will get their markup, and shippers will get their cut along with whatever other entity(s) benefit from hazmat fees and taxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back