• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

gone huntin' 2

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoochiepapa

75 Cal.
Reaction score
CIMG0264.jpg
]
CIMG0256.jpg

Went grouse and rabbit hunting today. Very cold when I left the house, about 21 degrees, so that means it was about 11 degrees up at 8,000 feet. The snow was squeaky under foot, impossible to be quiet. But it was beautiful! The snow just makes everything seem clean and new, and the best part is tracks are easy to see. I hiked about 5 miles round trip, maybe more, but it was worth it. Thought I'd share some of the vista I saw. At around 2 hours, I pushed a bull elk and two cows. They got up out of their beds and when I turned my camera on, it beeped and they took off. You can see the tracks in the snow. That was the only game I saw, no rabbits, no grouse, in fact I only saw two rabbit tracks and they were being chased by coyote tracks. At the point I turned around, I saw the tracks of a flock of turkeys. I hope you enjoy the pics.
Mike

Back