• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Good And Bad News Regarding My Groups

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When it all comes together you could wind up with a rifle capable of shooting groups like this. 5 shots @ 50 yards .50 cal T/C Hawken, 80 gr fff Goex, .490 RB, .021 pillow ticking, using Dutch's "Dry Lube System"

That is one heck of a group~! I shot a group like that at 25 and thought I had done well...thats some fine accuracy there

Kaintuckkee...thank ye kindly sir. Groups like that are very possible with Dutch Schoultz's 'Dry Lube' system. As I stated earlier I know theres other members here who follow the system as well. Good info worth its weight in gold in my opinion.

Hi Folks,

Shot two into a sub-1" square this evening.

I was going for three, but a neighbor I have problems with about 1/4 mile away yelled and I threw it.

I'll go back out tomorrow.

This man thinks he owns everything around here. His dogs came on my land, tried to attack me, but seein's how his dogs were just being dogs, I turned them with a couple .45 caliber bullets in front of them. Noise likely scared 'em more than anything.

Called the sheriff's dept and they came out and cited him for letting his dogs run like that and then explained to him he was damn lucky I wasn't in the mood to critters, as it would have been well within my rights. I really like the Wabash County Sheriff's Dept :thumbsup:

But ever since then, he's been attempting to feud with me, and I refuse to play.

Hell, he throws parties 'til all hours and had a bonfire going tonight (burn ban for the county). I just mind my own business.

Some folks just don't get what it is to live in the country - especially the city folk who move out here and expect it to be like a neighborhood. Just doesn't work like that.

Anyway, modified the sights a bit, opened them up. Took some macro pics of the rear, and when I was satisfied, tossed some bluing on the rear. The front, being brass, I had to start this morning with another chemical so that the bluing would take, but it's dulling down nicely now.

I'll post pics when I get a group that means something, and my sights are done.

Josh

Ha this thread is full of all sorts drama! Sounds like you may have to find another hobby or refuse to be intimidated and bullied around.

Long as youre rounds arent crossing or impacting on his property and youre not inside some jurisdictional boundary (city limits, nature preserve) with a no shooting ordinance, why not just ignore his yelling and keep on shooting? Id bet his vocal chords will wear out long before you run out of ammo :haha:

Id offer to make some neighborly deal like; no more loud partying or youll be doing all your target shooting about 6:00AM just as soon as the sun comes up high enough to see the target.

Always be sure of your backstop...

Hello,

Where I live was set up as a 100 yard range.

Exactly 100 yards to the berm in fact, and I've found steel plates (cleaned up and used now) out there.

I'm not intimidated. Just choosing my fights is all.

The sheriff's dept has told him several times to stow it, and since the next neighbor (1/2 mile from me or so, on the other side of the *******) shoots as well, it's gotta be driving him nuts.

He'll get his; I'm pretty sure he uses and sells drugs, as well. He's looked quite, well, high several times I've encountered him, and though his house is not inexpensive, he never seems to work. I find that odd.

Just a matter of time. His house has already been broken into a couple times. He's targeted since the rest of us keep guns around.

I find it kinda' funny. Even if it may be lowering the property value, I don't plan on going anyplace soon.

Josh

An early morning range session after one of those all night parties sounds like a great idea. Forget the groups just shoot to make noise. :rotf:

I'm not intimidated. Just choosing my fights is all.

A wise man knows to choose his fights. When, where, and how. You're doing it right.

Vern

Off topic;
A friend owned a home in an agg/rural area and ran at the same time a small ML supply shop out of one of his buildings ( nice shop ). Had a 4'x6' sign out front for years for his shop.

Some Urban type folks bought the "Farm" right across the road, by the time you figure the drive ways and distance to Mikes "out back" range the distance was more than a 1/4 mile. Mike an some friends where shooting and testing a few guns one day, an sure enough, the new neibhors called the sheriff to report "shooting".
Now Mikes a great big biker type, been clean an sober 18 years, shop was licenced to the hilt, he had a few choice words for that poor Deputy, and sent the Deputy back across the road to the neibhors.
Now Mike was known to host shooting events from time ta time, well he had one on the spot, he called us all. About 20 people showed up! Long story short, he pulled out the big lights that evening, I left at midnight, others shot till 2AM,,! :shocked2:

Never heard from the neibhors again. :grin:

Off subject as well...

I got the muzzleloader zeroed. Was doing pretty well and I heard a girl yell.

Turns out one of the police dispatchers was in a bind and had brought two of her three kids for me to watch while she was at work.

I taught her to shoot combat handgun, so naturally she let the kids bring a .22.

You have any idea how much noise a couple 10 and 12 year olds can make with a tube fed semi-auto .22, an SKS, a target .22, a few handguns, and rotten apples for targets.

Shot for a good three hours, then they got to try squirrel stewed in the oven. They loved it.

Then back to shooting 'til the deer came out and shut it down for fear of hitting one.

I think the point was made, but I honestly didn't think about it until we were done. Kids that age are very enthusiastic about a bunch of things, and all my attention needed to go to them.

Josh

Latest posts

Back