• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Good powder vendors?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy all. I am looking for a online vendor that sells black powder, however, I don't shoot that often i just need one or two pounds. and most vendors have a 5 pound minimum order, Is there anyone online that sells powder by the individual pound?

Yep. What Daryl said. Keep an eye on their site. That have specials every so often where if you buy 4 lbs, they waive shipping and haz mat. They are quick too. Besides, if you have more powder, maybe you'll make more smoke😉

Grafs does, though the hazmat fee is better if you can spread it over several pounds.
Pay attention to Graf’s deals. Believe it was a 4lb minimum of blackpowder for no Hazmat fee and $150 minimum order for free shipping. I mixed and matched and got a full box of adult signature ‘stuff’, all within the past two weeks or so. Admittedly, I paid more than I did the last time, but still significantly less than what other sellers are currently asking. I just don’t see prices coming down.

Graf’s has a great deal, if you review a prior purchase item they will give you free shipping $12.95 savings. I just bought 4lbs of Schuetzen with the free hazmat deal and paid for no shipping, just the powder cost and tax. 👍🏻

I've had great results with plain ol' BL-C(2). Some others that receive praise are H4895, IMR 4064, and Varget (if you can find it).

Back