• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Good used lookin bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TNtrapper

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey yall! Well..I picked up my new southern rifle Saturday.Now Ive got to get a different bag to go with it to it my personna.Im needing a good worn looking simple bag.Something that a farmer-hunter of he 1770s would carry.Everything Ive been seeing in catalogs just dont look right to me. Any good makers out there? Any ideas.. :hmm:...Have a good un..TN

I just had a friend send me a shooting bag kit made out of...... Elephant hide, kind of unusual.

yeah i went to dixons ml fair and got to see some of his work first hand he does very good stuff

Uh-huh! Rich & Jeanne are a nice young couple really building a good name for themselves - his knives & hawks - and her leather work really compliments it. I've had her do some custom odd & ends for me since I met them at Dixon's last year (hawk blade cover, book cover, repair on a quiver, etc.) and I've always been pleased. Heck, one time she even thought she charged me too much for something and sent a five dollar bill back to me with the item! It's great doing business with honest folks like that. Buy stuff from them now before they get really famous and their prices go up! :winking:

Wow, Thanks for the link to their website, I think that those are the best quality knives and hawks I have ever seen, and the leather work is fantastic, I only wish they had something to sell. :boohoo:

TheGunCellar

Yeah, They do some nice work.
I work in the same building as Rich's mother and about five or six years ago she happened to bring in some of his work. I now own a belt knive with curly maple scales and a belt axe with an beautiful curly ash handle.
He just started working full time at it them and already had a waiting list.

eric

OK yall. Well its been raining all day here so Ive been in the shop. After checking prices...I decided to try my hand at making myself a bag.I had some elk leftover from my shoepacs I did a while back and it ended up being just enough for a bag and strap. Had an old buckle in the shop too so here it is. Ill tell ya though...these are some sore fingers on this child!
pics3033.jpg

Looks good and should be just about right for what you wanted it for. :hatsoff:

OK yall. Well its been raining all day here so Ive been in the shop. After checking prices...I decided to try my hand at making myself a bag.I had some elk leftover from my shoepacs I did a while back and it ended up being just enough for a bag and strap. Had an old buckle in the shop too so here it is. Ill tell ya though...these are some sore fingers on this child!
pics3033.jpg

:D That's a nice bag! :grey: Looks like its perfect for a early southern mountain rifle. David Esau just made me a dark-colored little shooting bag to go with the Tennessee squirrel flinter.

What's the story on your new rifle? I might have missed the post.

Hey Dixie.I made the trip o Lawrenceburg to David Crockett days last saturday.Lots of good folks there!Well Brian Turner was there with some fine lookin rifles and man I just had to take one home.Shes a southern rifle with a nice curly stock and swamped barrel in a .50.Good and aged lookin though.Ol Jack Garner made it.Funny thing is I was talking to Brian about the 11 guage fowler Ive had ordered and saw this one! Lets just say this ones cost me a new coat of paint on the house! The things my wife can bargain with when a mans desperate! LOL :yakyak:
pics3028.jpg

Humm, it's the only pouch he has available, I think it will be there for quite some time. :crackup:

The things my wife can bargain with when a mans desperate! LOL :yakyak:
pics3028.jpg

:haha: :haha: I know. Am now just about an indentured servant myself :crackup: That's a nice lookin' rifle! :D
Roger Sells of monterrey, TN is building my .54 with a swamped barrel and curly maple also. Enjoy that fine mountain flinter :grey: :grey:

Latest posts

Back