• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got a flintlock for Christmas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topknot

Pilgrim
Reaction score
My wife got me a flintlock for Christmas. She got me a used Hawkens .50 cap two Christmas ago and I love to deer hunt with it. I know a little about flintlocks. The gun is a Traditions Kentucky rifle. It was a kit put together by a very young man, and it looks like it, but the price was right. Any help for this beginner is much abliged.

Where did you get a wife that gets you a gun for Christmas? !!!

You can always disassemble and "clean up" whatever imperfections were left in the assembly.

You will really like flint shooting. Nothing like it. :grin:

Howdy!

The "flintlock shooting tips" informational post at the top of this page is good.

Have fun! I love my Brown Bess!

James

Well, you already know the rule "keep your powder dry". With the flinter, just add one more rule to it...."keep your flint sharp"
(just kidding...there's more but you'll love it!!!) :hatsoff:

Back