• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Longrifle sling?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrfritz44

32 Cal
Reaction score
I finally pulled the trigger on a Woodsrunner that I hope gets here soon enough to use at the end of December during the dedicated PA flintlock season. This gun will replace my 45 caliber TC Hawkins rifle and will likely accompany me on a bunch of all day hunts.

Because I'll be carrying the gun for a long time in any given hunt, I'd really like to put a period accurate, easily removable sling on the gun to give my arms a rest.

Any suggestions on building on how to build one from scratch or a place to buy one pre made?

Look up finger weaving….😎

This one’s on a bag the strap is made from hemp cordage.
Simple to do if your fingers have decent dexterity… Just a suggestion.👍

10EC8BB5-640B-4353-B1D3-70132042048C.jpeg

Back