• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got my Elk

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good job, my hunting days are well behind me, but I still enjoy reading of the sucesses of others out to make meat. I wonder though, how many feet of sausage could you make from one elk ?
:hatsoff:

"The ball went in high (because of the angle) at about 2/3 back on the ribcage on the right side and stopped in the left shoulder"

BALL!....you can't kill no Elk with no stinking BALL! :shocked2:
Nice animal and a great hunt congrats and hope you have many more..

tg said:
"The ball went in high (because of the angle) at about 2/3 back on the ribcage on the right side and stopped in the left shoulder"

BALL!....you can't kill no Elk with no stinking BALL! :shocked2:
Nice animal and a great hunt congrats and hope you have many more..

TG,
Funny you should say that, the night before the hunt, my 6 year old Daughter said the same thing while watching me pack my hunting pouch. After she hiked in with us to pack out the animal, I reminded her of the comment she had made the night before. It then dawned on her and I could see the wheels turning in her head by the look in her eyes. It was pretty cool.
By the way people, thanks for all the nice comments, it was a great hunt and we are truly blessed to have such fine eating for the winter. Good Hunting All,
Idaho PRB

Back