• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got my Gobbler !!! (Pics Added)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skychief

69 Cal.
Reaction score
First, my computer died about a week or so ago, so I have some catching up to do here! Secondly, it is late so I will make this short for now and give a better account of my hunt later. Anyway, I killed a 22#, 13 oz. Tom on Friday the 24th. He had a 10 1/2" beard and 26 mm. spurs. He was killed at 16 yards with my cylinder bore T/C New Englander. He never knew what hit him and I am VERY HAPPY! Why doesn't everybody hunt with blackpowder?

I will get back on soon and tell you all more. Maybe somebody can even post a picture or two for me as I can't with my Kodak Easyshare, (it aint THAT easy)!

Skychief.

I am unable to post pics, but, have requested any volunteers to post them for me. I can email the pics to anyone willing to post them. Thanks! :surrender: :surrender: :surrender:

80 grains 2f Goex, nitro card, 50 volumetric grains cornmeal, 120 volumetric grains #6 shot, overshot card, and a greased bore. Notice that I used NO "cushion" wads, as this combination produced the densest patterns for turkey hunting.

Ah, yes, I remember reading your post...you're the jiffy mix guy! I tried that trick, but it didn't work as well in my gun, so I'm trying Runnball's "cotton-tailed shotcup drouge" over 70 grs of 1f in a 12ga.
sunday AM is our opener, last weekend was youth hunting and I called in a 19.5 lb'r at 23 yards for a 15 yr old friend, he used my old savage SXS and this load for my B/P gun patterns about the same as that old savage!
I hope I shoot one close to that, I don't want the kid to show me up LOL.

Skychief said:
I am unable to post pics, but, have requested any volunteers to post them for me. I can email the pics to anyone willing to post them. Thanks! :surrender: :surrender: :surrender:

Here are your pictures... :hatsoff:

IMG_1110.jpg

IMG_1106.jpg

IMG_1118.jpg

By the way, does anybody know how I can edit this thread's title to include "Pics added"? My original post has ne edit icon and I can't figure out if there is any way to edit the title of the thread anyway. Anybody know of such things?

Back