• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got my Gobbler !!! (Pics Added)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CONGRATS! :hatsoff: ya dun GOOD! :thumbsup:

I do have one question... :haha: ..
Anyway, I killed a 22#, 13 oz. Tom on Friday the 24th. He had a 10 1/2" beard and 26 mm. spurs. He was killed at 16 yards

how come pounds, ounces, inches, and yards...but then spurs is 26mm???? sounds big! :haha: :blah: Seriously, Congrats! :hatsoff:

oh,, where you at???

Skychief said:
A thousand thanks to Musketman for posting these pictures for me!!! You are a good man!!!!! :bow:

Skychief :thumbsup:

Your forum dollars at work. :haha:

Seriously though, I was glad to help.

RC said:
CONGRATS! :hatsoff: ya dun GOOD! :thumbsup:

I do have one question... :haha: ..
Anyway, I killed a 22#, 13 oz. Tom on Friday the 24th. He had a 10 1/2" beard and 26 mm. spurs. He was killed at 16 yards

how come pounds, ounces, inches, and yards...but then spurs is 26mm???? sounds big! :haha: :blah: Seriously, Congrats! :hatsoff:

oh,, where you at???

Ha! The check station has us measure the spurs for the INDIANA department of natural resources in millimeters! What would 26 mm equal in inches? 1 1/4" or so?

metric spur measurement??

...watch out boys thats how it started up here in canada ...first the spurs ,then the beard,then the weight ,then it's too late!! :rotf:

you still have that smile on your face don't you
nice bird
...you gotta love it :thumbsup:

Nice Bird! I especially like the pic of the spurs, with your gunlock in the background. those spurs ARE impressive even though they're metric LOL. congrats!

longfowler said:
Nice Bird! I especially like the pic of the spurs, with your gunlock in the background. those spurs ARE impressive even though they're metric LOL. congrats!

Hey now longfowler :nono: , you sound like a giddy turkey hunter that very recently thumped a gobbler of his own!!! :blah: :rotf: :thumbsup:

A good reason why everybody doesn't hunt with blackpowder is they're already being challenged while hunting and don't want any more challenge. They probably are disgusted by all the cleaning we have to do too.

There are 25.4 millimeters to the Inch. A 26 mm spur would be very slightly longer than one inch- about a two year old bird in most locales. Regardless of age, or length of spur, its a very nice trophy, and particularly when you shoot it using a BP firearm. :hatsoff:

Back