• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gotta Love TC's Customer Service Dept

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Trapper

62 Cal.
Reaction score
The hammer on my TC Seneca broke and I had heard after the fire they no longer had parts for Senecas. So I emailed them and was advised to send them the whole rifle. Since I was shipping the whole rifle I also asked them to check out the lock and trigger while they had it. Three weeks from the day I shipped it, it arrived back. TC had replaced the hammer, rebuilt the lock assy, and replaced the trigger assy. In my letter I had advised them to call me for a credit card number to cover cost of repairs. Again to my surprise, there was no charge. Other companies offer lower priced rifles, but with TC's excellent customer service this means more to me than price. Who else would fix a 30 year old rifle for free?

I own several T/C's and this is why. :thumbsup:
I wished they would try and make another muzzleloader in the traditional style. Brown hardware. :hmm:

T/C customer service is the reason I picked up my T/C Hawken. Billy, while we are dreaming about T/C producing another traditional style muzzle loader with browned metal, why not make it a full stock long rifle :hmm:.

That and because they are so reliable is why I have two Renegades ... and always on the lookout for another stock, lock etc. to drop in another barrel.

I have 5 T/C's sidelocks,,

Best rifles and shotguns for the money..

And your right,
You can't beat their Customer Service

When they make that Fullstock Brown hardware .54 flint lock I WANT IT. :) We have 10 Pennsylvania hunter Carbines we bout for the pennsylvania YHEC program and we use them on the National program too.theyhave been shot so much the nose burned out of # of the hammers .and I just asked about replacement and in 3 days they were in the Maile .no cost to us .Ihave 6 TC side locks of my own 2 in flint lock.you cnanot beat that Quality and Customer service.

I've got 3 or 4 of the T/C muzzlelaoders and had a little work done on warrenty by them and all I can say is Outstanding!I have never heard tell of another bussiness back their product like T/C does. :applause:

Well, maybe.

I emailed them 3 weeks ago for information about an unusual TC Hawken I picked up at an auction and haven't had any response.

You got free service, I got ignored.

I have not yet needed any repairs on any of my T/C guns but is warranty work only limited to the gun's original purchaser or is the warranty transferable? IIRC, my T/C book says original purchaser. Just wondering.

Yea they seem to have a problem with answering e-mails. I sent them a couple over 2 months ago and still haven't heard back. Needed info on parts interchangeability.

same here. couple years ago I sent my new Hawken back to them. They lost track of rifle lost the work order and told me the rifle never arrived. It took Scott at Cains Outdoors calling along with me before they rifle was found. They sent it back but never fixed it. :cursing: My uncle told me what to do so the work got done.

Does any one know if TC will transfer the warranty to another person besides who originaly bought the rifle, I was lookig at a nice hawken with a cracked stock and thought it sure would be nice if the warranty was transferable.

bucktales said:
I have not yet needed any repairs on any of my T/C guns but is warranty work only limited to the gun's original purchaser or is the warranty transferable? IIRC, my T/C book says original purchaser. Just wondering.
They wink at that...sometimes I've flat out told them I had just bought a used Hawken and needed them to fix this or that...said it would be no charge.

Sorry to hear you got no reply from your emails. I have always gotten a reply to all of my email questions. My guess is they did not receive it.
The reason I bought TC rifles in the first place was due to the quality they put in their products. Products as well built as this don't require a lot of customer service, but it's wonderful when you need it. Some of the rifles sold by other companies will require customer service before the first round can be fired. Time is too short to waste it on junk, I'm staying with TC !!

I've never managed to get a reply from any email I've sent them. I don't know if their spam blocker trashes them all or what. A phone call will get your answers in a hurry though. I love dealing with T/C but I'm more of an email guy than a phone one. I wish they'd get their email problem sorted out.

TC apparently is very tight with their Email policy...they don't seem to publish or encourage anybody to send them Emails...over all the years as I built up some rapport with an individual or two at TC they have gradually sent me something via Email and I've very sparing used their return address...but have definitely concluded there must be a strict internal policy about the use of Email with customers...don't know if it's simply a concern that they'd abuse it and lose worker productivity, or some fear about liability, etc...but seems to be something there

roundball said:
TC apparently is very tight with their Email policy...they don't seem to publish or encourage anybody to send them Emails...over all the years as I built up some rapport with an individual or two at TC they have gradually sent me something via Email and I've very sparing used their return address...but have definitely concluded there must be a strict internal policy about the use of Email with customers...don't know if it's simply a concern that they'd abuse it and lose worker productivity, or some fear about liability, etc...but seems to be something there

And yet their web site lists an email address for Customer Service. That makes absolutely no sense.

Latest posts

Back