• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

gpr question?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowjock

40 Cal.
Reaction score
It has been a while since I have been on here due to a computer malfunction. Anyway, I had stored on it how to drill the torch hole out for better ignition on my GPR FLINT. Can anyone please offer me that info again. I think it was using a #4 counter bit from the back side but can not find out what size hole to put in the liner.

I would start with a 1/16". That is where i normally stop, but sometimes a 5/64" works better. I only use that if all i plan to use is 2f powder. The 1/16" works good with 2f or 3f. 3f don't come out through it.

FWIW i went to .070 (#50 drill) in both my GPR and TC flintlocks and am very happy with the result. Tried .078 (think that is 5/64 ?)worked great also with about 2" lower elevation at 50 yds. Would suggest .070 unless ignition is intermittent. Good luck.

Back