• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

GPR

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speed Trap

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Anybody shoot conicals out of their GPR, or thinking of doing so? I found a place that has clearance on Hunter barrels, 1:32, for $107 and some change.

this may stir up something of a controversy, but it's my opinion (and my opinion is often worth about what you just paid for it... i.e. free) that PRB will do the job just as well as a conical. having said that, it's your absolute right to shoot conicals or anything you want out of your rifle, and if it makes you happy, more power to you.

but if left to my own devices, i'd keep shooting roundball and spend the money on powder.

results may vary...

at worst case, you'll spend a few bucks, most or all of which you can probably get back if you decide that conicals isn't all that great anyway.

in either case, make good smoke!

Oh, I'm shooting RB's, but always looking for a deal. I'm not getting one, but thought I would let people know.....

Latest posts

Back